Systems Test Mechanical Technician
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Systems Test /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We are seeking a Mechanical Systems Test Technician to join our Systems Test team. We design, analyze, manufacture and test avionics, electric motors, power electronics, batteries and other subsystems for unconventional aircraft being developed by the company. This employee will be responsible for fabricating and maintaining test hardware and electronics. These will be used to develop and evaluate unit and integrated system level hardware designed by this company and vendors. The end result will be the validation of a flight vehicle to clear it for flight testing.
Within 3 months you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the aircraft and its subsystems
- Learn about the acceptance test procedures for the systems under test
- Learn about the configuration control processes
Within 6 months you will:
- Have the ability to complete unit level testing independently
- Begin developing the knowledge and skills necessary to earn an FAA Airframe and Powerplant rating
- Support system integration of flight test aircraft
- Apply configuration control procedures associated with hardware and software
Within 12 months you will:
- Assist with training manufacturing technician on new acceptance testing procedures
- Lead other technician who are performing acceptance test procedures
- Maintain the configuration control documentation of all hardware responsible to the System Test group
- At least 3 years of experience in testing within Research and Development programs
- Experience with detailed safety critical record keeping
- Familiar with reading mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Experience following multi-step test procedures for design validation and production qualification
- Comfortable working with both design and test engineers in a team-based environment where everyone has ownership of the project goals
- Experience working in a regulated industry where procedure and processes are guided by government agencies such as the FAA, DOE, FDA or USDOT.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with the ability to provide feedback to people of all technical backgrounds
- Experience working in high voltage and high power systems electrical systems and the required safety procedures
- Experience in manufacturing using a wide variety of materials (polymers, metallics, composites, etc.) and methods (machining, welding, bonding, etc.)
- Wire harness fabrication/repair experience
- Familiar with the operating, maintaining, and safety procedures for high voltage (>500Vdc) systems
- Familiarity with aerospace development best practices and standards
- Experience in operating data acquisition systems for data collection of thermocouples, accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure sensors, load cells, LVDT, etc.
- Familiar with the application of FAA Advisory Circular 43.13
- Demonstrated interest in aircraft and aviation
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.