Systems Development Manager
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Systems Engineering
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
The goal of systems engineering is to make sure the right product is being built, and that the product is being built right. We are looking for an experienced manager to lead and grow the systems development team. Reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering, your team will develop the systems of a new class of aircraft.
- Lead, grow, and develop a small team of systems engineering professionals
- Build a strategy for the continued development and growth of the team
- Work with leadership and technical teams to facilitate system development
- Enable your team to define system architecture and interfaces
- Enable your team to create, manage, and trace testable requirements
- Enable your team to develop verification plans and manage their execution
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or other relevant fields
- 6+ years of systems engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience managing, growing, and scaling teams
- A growth-focused management mindset
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and work within a highly regulated environment
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- The ability to work cross-functionally with excellent communication skills
- DO-178B/C, DO-254, ARP4754A, or military equivalent experience
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.