Product Management Fleet Ops Human Factors
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Product Management /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We are expanding the team focused on making Autonomous Advanced Air Mobility a reality and are seeking experienced and highly motivated individuals with backgrounds in Robotics and Automation, Perception and Sensor Fusion, Controls and Simulation, Flight Operations and Airspace Integration, and Human-Machine interface design.
As a member of the Wisk Product team, you will be a part of a highly collaborative and agile cross-functional group of individuals tasked with designing, testing, and certifying customer-centric aircraft systems and technologies that will enable Autonomous flight.
- Incorporate human factors and cognitive engineering elements to improve human decision-making within an Advanced Air Mobility Fleet Operations Center.
- Analyze and model extensive aerospace data from operations in the physical world with a focus on engineering fleet/mission management operations.
- Define/coordinate core engineering requirements and criteria for autonomous aircraft systems and functions with a focus on BVLOS fleet operation human factors.
- Design, test, and certify the aircraft systems that enable BVLOS operation of unmanned aircraft.
- Create buy-in for the product vision internally and with key partners (engineering, manufacturing, etc).
- Translate engineering/business process needs into product prototypes and operational/IT requirements.
- Manage the daily rhythm of discussions that clarify and resolve requirements during design, development, testing, and release.
- Prioritize multiple projects across all departments and systems.
- Ensure quality releases that meet business goals.
- Plan for business risks and prepare risk mitigation plans.
- 5+ years in a Product Manager role (or equivalent experience).
- Proficiency in reading/writing test procedures, particularly with Task Analyses and Human-in-the-Loop testing.
- Understand systems and design thinking as well as Human Machine Interface (HMI) / HCI design principles and practices.
- Data-driven: you use data to develop detailed plans. Most importantly, you leverage data to drive strategic decisions.
- Strong product instincts, excellent communication skills and technical fluency
- Should have experience managing small, dynamic teams within fast-paced organizations.
- Familiarity with requirements gathering, information architecture, visual design, copywriting, functional specifications, technical specifications, test cases, test execution, and release management.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the time, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Information Mgt., or Psychology - Human Factors (Ms./PhD./MBA preferred).
- Aerospace industry experience (UAS/BVLOS preferred).
- Experience in unmanned systems engineering preferred.
- Experience with remote fleet operations - preferably aircraft/drone applications.
- Experience developing integrated HW and SW solutions ideally for transportation purposes.
- Experience working with regulatory bodies and certified product requirements.
- Honest, sympathetic, understanding, kind, modest, loyal, interpersonally-focused, and compassionate.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.