Avionics Systems Integration Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Systems Test /
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for a Systems Test Engineer with experience testing integrated aircraft and aerospace systems to join us in developing a new class of all-electric personal aircraft. As a member of the Systems Test team, you will be working closely with the systems, design, and software engineers to ensure the ability of the integrated systems to meet product and vehicle requirements and functionality.
As an Avionics Systems Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for the lifecycle of system implementation by anticipating issues and risks early and testing integrated functionality of the Avionics system. You will leverage your integration and test experience to drive the scoping of test plans and test bed configurations to validate new architecture functionality. You will utilize your experience with complex integrated systems to review the documentation, requirements, and software to ensure the ability of the integrated system to meet intended functionality.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn about the aircraft and its systems
- Engage with systems engineering to understand the avionics system requirements and traceability
- Review design documentation, harness diagrams, and system/vehicle level hardware and software requirements to understand how the intended integrated vehicle level functionality
- Learn about existing systems test processes and tools
Within 6 months you will:
- Synthesize and review avionics system hardware/software interfaces and ICD’s to identify potential conflicts and functionality
- Assist systems engineering in breaking down high level feature requests into subsystem and component-level requirements and drive the implementation and testing of the functionality
- Develop and create necessary test beds to allow for the integration and testing of hardware and software before vehicle level testing to ensure functionality and performance early in the development process
- Perform change impact analysis for change requests ensuring that any upstream or downstream effects to hardware, software, and interfaces are captured and addressed
Within 12 months you will:
- Facilitate cross-functional systems design discussions with electrical, software, design, and manufacturing
- Define an integration test plan for hardware products or software features that focus on de-risking the product or feature deployment in alignment with program milestones
- Act as the central point-of-contact for the Avionics system to resolve any issues during development or deployment
- Be responsible for overall function and performance readiness of the Avionics system at any point in the product life-cycle
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical, Aerospace, or related engineering degree
- Minimum 3 years experience in aerospace systems integration and test, systems design, or systems architecture
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex subsystems
- Ability to read and interpret C/C++
- Proficiency in data analysis with MATLAB, Python, or other similar tools
- Experience developing analytical tools and analyzing data
- Experience probing and monitoring electrical circuits and networks with multimeters, oscilloscopes, current probes, etc.
- Comfortable reading and interpreting wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Teamcenter and Polarion
- Experience in failure and risk analysis
- Experience with Linux
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.