Composite Assembly Technician
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Composites Shop
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for a composite assembly technician to join us in producing an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will be responsible for following current processes, specifications, and best practices while conducting assembly tasks. You will use fixtures and shop aids to ensure assembly is done properly and be responsible for the quality of your work. You will help develop and bring about safe autonomous flight.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team
- Learn the build process through on the job training and digital procedures
- Get familiar with shop protocol and practices
- Support composite assembly adhesive bonding and mechanical assembly of composite structures
Within 6 months you will:
- Continue learning the integral details, fit, form, and function of the aircraft assemblies that you are assigned to
- Identify issues in the manufacturing process and propose/implement solutions for improvement
- Record your work in the current work order/traveler format
- Work with responsible engineers and quality control to properly document any non-conformance or deviations from the established work instructions
Within 12 months you will:
- Reach a high level of familiarity with the assembly that you are assigned to produce
- Capable of assembling structures in accordance with released processes and specifications with little supervision
- Minimum of 5 years of composite bonding experience with a variety of adhesive systems; strong understanding of the bonding process and surface preparation
- Able to read and understand composite engineering drawings including notes and tolerances
- Strong craftsmanship skills and experience with various types of hand-held power tools
- Able to assemble/disassemble precision fixtures/jigs to aid in bonding of airframe main structure
- Broad experience with a wide variety of epoxy resin systems and woven carbon fiber
- Very strong mechanical skills
- Extreme attention to detail and continual pursuit of perfection
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability/experience operating a laser tracker for part or fixture validation
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.