Staff Systems Engineer
Departments – MMS /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Staff Systems Engineer to join our Conflict Detection and Resolution (CD&R) team. The goal of a Staff Systems Engineer at Wisk is to ensure continued safe flight and landing through the design, verification, and validation of traffic and terrain avoidance functions for Wisk aircraft. You will be part of the CD&R team that is a part of the Mission Management System (MMS) product team inside the Avionics and Onboard Autonomy (AOA) Integrated Project Team.
Why we need you:
- The goal of the systems engineers at Wisk is to perform system-level modeling, verification, and validation at various levels of the Wisk aircraft. In support of this goal, you will be part of the CD&R team that is building the hardware and software to enable functions like automated traffic avoidance, your goal is to develop the system architecture and system model through the complete product life cycle.
What you will do:
- Manage system architecture and system models through complete product life cycle, with an emphasis on onboard aircraft functions to automatically detect and avoid other airspace users and terrain.
- Develop detailed requirements for any subsystems required for aforementioned aircraft functions.
- Decompose requirements into actionable, testable invariants for software and hardware engineers.
- Execute trade studies that inform system design especially to appropriately allocate risk and complexity
- Engage external vendors in new traffic avoidance and terrain avoidance product concepts
- Work with the CD&R team to develop test and evaluation strategies to examine where the system or vendor products need to improve
- Work with other system engineers to assist in designing and maintaining the MMS system architecture.
What you have done:
- BS in an engineering degree or higher
- 5 years experience in development or test of aircraft systems
- Ability to develop and deploy systems into the real world
- Maintain complete system architecture from ideation through implementation
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience with FAA regulatory and technical specification documents
- Familiarity with FAA software and hardware certification standards (DO-178C, DO-254, DO-160)
- 10 years experience in development of requirements or test of aircraft systems
- MS or PhD in aerospace (or related field) engineering degree
- Familiarity with TCAS II (DO-185B), TAWS (DO-161A), and DAA Radars (DO-366), DAA (DO-365).
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
$133,673 - $153,648 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $133,673 - $153,648 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.