Configuration and Document Analyst
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Configuration Management & Engineering Systems /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We are looking for a Configuration and Document Analyst to join us in developing an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will be responsible for the configuration management process & planning, configuration identification, configuration control, configuration status accounting, and configuration verification and audit. Wisk is a vertically integrated engineering environment, and accordingly the scope of Configuration and Document Analyst supports all aspects of configuration management and document control necessary to support a certified aircraft development program. The Configuration and Document Analyst will work with design engineering, systems engineering, certification, manufacturing, quality, and test teams to identify configuration items and associated documentation required for configuration baselines throughout the product life cycle (As-Designed, As-Planned, As-Built, As-Maintained). Personnel may fill both a configuration and document analyst role.
Within 3 months you will:
- Start learning about the aircraft and its systems
- Become familiar with our Certification Basis and certification plan
- Learn about our configuration management processes (including naming, baselining, archiving, and change management) and configuration items
- Learn about our document management processes
Within 6 months you will:
- Continue learning about the aircraft and its systems
- Support the implementation of the configuration management process such as creating and maintaining configuration baselines, participating in the change workflows for project team configuration items, etc..
- Review and recommend improvements to existing configuration management and document management processes, including the enhancement of configuration and document management tools
- Document changes to configuration and document management policies, procedures, or plans based on continuous improvement initiatives including lessons learned
- Ensure that current configuration is properly documented in the system of record (Teamcenter, Polarion, git, MES, SAP B1, etc.)
Within 12 months you will:
- Ensure that a formal document control process is released and ensure compliance to the document control process. Has experience performing these duties within a well regulated environment.
- Ensure that reports, plans, processes and procedures are in compliance with company standards prior to release
- Create technical documentation guidelines and instructions to include document templates, required signatures, revision rules, assigns a system of record for different technical documents and controls the release process for all technical documentation.
- Ensure that the proper documentation is released into the system of record for the particular document type and that it is known that any document used outside of its official system of record is not for official use.
- Provide an auditable record for any regulatory agency to examine in the case of an agency audit.
- At least 5 years of configuration and document management experience
- Experience with ISO 10007, ANSI/EIA 649A, or MIL-HDBK-61A standards
- Familiarity with the aircraft development process and planning documents of ARP4754A
- Experience with configuration and document management process implementation in PLM systems
- Experience with configuration management interfaces with manufacturing operations systems like ERP (MRP) or MES systems
- Able to read and interpret technical documentation and engineering drawings
- Experience working with an agile development methodology
- Demonstrated experience participating in an FAA/EASA type certification or supplemental type certification program for fixed/rotary-wing aircraft or complex systems
- Experience implementing document management processes in a development/R&D environment and a production environment to ensure compliance with the certification basis.
- Experience with design/drafting
- Experience with engineering tools like Teamcenter PLM, NX/SolidWorks, and Polarion and training end-users on implementation changes to configuration management procedures
- Knowledge of database mechanisms
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.