Program Governance Manager
Mountain View, CA /
Departments – Program Management Office /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Program Governance Manager to join our team. The goal of the Program Governance Manager at Wisk is to ensure that the Program Governance is well defined, up-to-date, adhered to, and continuously improved. You will be part of the Program Management Office (PMO), which enables the delivery of Wisk’s programs by providing Program Management resources, and setting standards for Program Management Processes and Tools.
Why we need you:
- At Wisk, Program Management partners with Engineering to develop, certify and deliver products, to ensure the objectives of our business case are met. Our Program Governance supports the success of our programs by enabling data-driven decision making, effective communications, and a tight coordination of all internal functions & external partners.
- The Program Governance Manager is a new role that will own the implementation, execution and maintenance of the governance of our Generation 6 Program. The role will also support the definition and continuous improvement of the governance. The successful candidate will have direct experience driving the governance of large-scale aerospace development programs, with a keen eye for process optimization and automation opportunities. In this role, the candidate must be process-minded, have the ability to influence without direct authority, and be proactive, with the ability to think strategically while fulfilling hands-on tasks as necessary.
What you will do:
- You will partner with the Generation 6 Program Leadership to help define and document the governance, including roles and responsibilities, recurring meeting cadence and agendas, performance metrics, reporting format, presentation templates, etc…
- You will be accountable for the implementation of and adherence to the governance, by communicating it to the various teams, monitoring execution, and providing feedback on deviations when necessary.
- You will be directly responsible for compiling data and preparing reports and presentation decks to be consumed by Program Leadership and Executives on a recurring basis.
- You will facilitate the key recurring meetings that are part of the governance cadence.
- You will work closely with various stakeholders to identify and collect opportunities to improve the governance. You will propose changes and implement them once approved by Program Leadership.
- You will be accountable for maintaining the governance documentation (processes and templates), coordinating changes across the program to keep it up-to-date.
- You will collaborate with Program Operations to automate reporting where relevant, and ensure tools are correctly configured to support the governance.
- You will develop and prepare ad-hoc, custom reporting as requested by Program Leadership and Executives.
- You will proactively intervene as needed to provide hands-on support to any party responsible for the successful execution of the governance.
What you have done:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical field, or an MBA.
- You have at least 7 years of rapidly progressing experience working on complex programs.
- You have direct experience implementing effective governance frameworks for aerospace development programs.
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of program management methods
- You have hands-on experience defining and implementing program performance metrics.
- You have outstanding communication skills and have experience developing clear dashboards and report templates, as well as experience briefing executive management on complex issues with clearly defined solutions.
- You have a proven track record of transverse management and successfully influencing others.
- You have extensive experience collecting, analyzing and presenting data to support decision-making.
- You have hands-on experience setting up dashboards using business intelligence tools such as PowerBI or Tableau.
- You have experience with the hybrid-agile planning and execution framework.
- You are familiar with Jira and associated dashboards (e.g. EazyBI).
- You have experience with business process optimization.
- You have exposure to all phases of the development life-cycle including planning, conceptual design, requirements definition, preliminary design, prototyping, test and evaluation, detailed design, integration, formal verification, entry into service, etc.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges.
- You are a solution-oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset.
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience.
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion.
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations.
- You are a positive team player.
$157,557 - $204,643 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $157,557 - $204,643 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.