Staff Mechanical Engineer, Rotor Design
Mountain View, CA /
Departments – Propulsion /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Staff Mechanical Engineer, Rotor Design to join and lead our team. The goal of a Staff Mechanical Engineer, Rotor Design at Wisk is to ensure that design of future rotor systems is a success. You will be part of the Powertrain IPT supporting the next generation of rotors.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Staff Mechanical Engineer, Rotor Design to join our team. The goal of the Staff Mechanical Engineer, Rotor Design at Wisk is responsible for developing a design of a weight optimized structure with consideration for noise and vibration. You will be a technical lead looking to demonstrate your background in rotor design. Supporting the build of the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment.
- The successful candidate has a strong mechanical background with the understanding of first principles and how they drive design. In this role, the candidate must be proactive, forward thinking, and self-motivated with the ability to inspire and lead a team of like-minded engineers.
What you will do:
- Become a technical lead for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- Support ongoing rotor design projects and take ownership of new designs from concept to certification
- Interface with loads and motor group
- Work with technicians and manufacturing engineers to develop manufacturing processes, tooling, procedures, quality control points, inspection plans, etc.
- Support testing and production of hardware
What you have done:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering
- 8+ years mechanical engineering work experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in rotor design
- Familiar with rotor or propeller design
- Strong understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals (statics, dynamics, structural mechanics, etc.)
- Familiar with CAD software such as Siemens NX (preferred), CATIA, Solidworks, etc.
- Familiar with drafting standards, including GD&T, and can interpret or create engineering drawings
- Experience supporting manufacture, including disposition of hardware non-conformances
- Familiar with aircraft certification and aerospace development best practices and standards
- Experience leading cross-functional integrated project teams including schedule, budget, and technical oversight
- Experience in field engineering/product sustainment
- Experience supporting component, ground, and/or flight testing
- Experience as FAA Designated Engineering Representative
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
$146,160 - $189,840 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $146,160 - $189,840 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.