Senior Test Pilot
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Flight & Integrated Systems Test /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Test Pilot to join us in testing and certifying a new class of all-electric aircraft. As a senior member of the Flight Test team, you will be working closely with other Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers as well as cognizant systems engineers and the certification group to validate and verify a revolutionary new aircraft design.
Wisk recognizes the challenges that the UAM industry faces with regards the certification path for our vehicles. We are taking a pragmatic approach to this task and consequently are looking for experienced flight test personnel to join our talented team to make the certification process as efficient and effective as possible. To be a member you will have displayed highly developed Safety awareness and Risk Management capabilities in previous roles, and be willing to continue this behavior at WIsk.
Your role will involve using your experience to guide our flight test certification planning, identify applicable industry guidance and standards, and prepare our flight test team to conduct testing that shows compliance to the certification authorities. Leveraging your certification experience, you will develop certification plans and support the flight test documentation and process development that will be used to demonstrate Wisk’s aircraft meet certification requirements. You will support test program scheduling, participate in flight test execution as a Test Pilot, and write test reports to a standard required by certification authorities. You will also train and mentor other flight test personnel on current best practices for certifying complex aircraft systems and support writing and updating supporting documents including aircraft flight manuals and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience conducting flight test on program pursuing FAA/TCCA/EASA Certification
- 10+ years flight test experience as a test pilot
- Graduate of accredited Test Pilot School
- Capable of obtaining at least an FAA Second Class Medical certificate
- FAA Commercial Pilot or ATP certificate (Fixed or Rotary Wing)
- Familiarity with FAA Order 4040.26B
- Bachelors of Science degree in a relevant engineering or technical field
- Experience in Type Certification program for fixed/rotary-wing aircraft or complex systems. Highly developed understanding of civil certification requirements from initial requirements development to Entry Into Service activities.
- DER/DAR and/or ODA experience (or equivalent from other NAA)
- A demonstrated capability to work within the engineering organization to inform vehicle design early, rather than identifying problems later in the development process.
- Unmanned aircraft flight test experience
- Electric Propulsion flight test experience
- Both Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing pilot certificates and flight test experience
- Human-to-vehicle interface design, test and evaluation experience
- Instructor pilot certificate and experience
- Recency in formation flying
- Masters degree in a relevant engineering or technical field
The Wisk flight test center is located in Hollister, approximately 60 minutes drive south of HQ.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.