Staff Industrial Engineer
Departments – Production Engineering /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are seeking a hands-on Industrial Engineer to join our team developing electric-powered aircraft. You are efficient in the office and on the shop floor. Your core responsibility is the simulation, design and optimization of the production line for full rate manufacturing of the aircraft. You will also be responsible to develop efficient production plans to meet the delivery schedule, develop and maintain Value Stream Maps, to identify areas of opportunity to optimize the production flow, lead efforts to optimize factory layout, and lead efforts to achieve a lean production system.
3 months in:
- Learn: Deep-dive into the Gen 6 production process, parts, and information flows required to build the aircraft from scratch
- Begin: Building a detailed analysis of an area of the Wisk Gen 6 Production System.
6 months in:
- Perform a detailed analysis of an are of the production system
- Perform optimization studies on an are of the production system
- Assist on simulation of the Cora Gen 6 production line
- Refine the production planning process per the Master Production Schedule, new software tools, and updated production layouts
- Create value stream maps to identify areas of opportunity to optimize cost and flow, including capability, capacity, throughput, work flow and logistics.
12 months in:
- Automate and error proof production planning process
- Develop an optimal production system that efficiently utilizes resources.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to enable maximum efficiency
- Begin developing a digital twin of the factory for real-time data gathering
- Support production related continuous improvement efforts
- Conduct process observations, analyze trends in operational performance, measure and report metrics and provide recommendations based on analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or other technical/analytical degree
- 7+ years of experience in a production environment, preferably in a high-volume operation and/or aerospace industry
- Experience working with multi functional teams to improve the production system cost and flow
- Familiar with implementing of the fundamentals of industrial engineering, including capacity models, technical writing, time studies, and labor cost forecasting
- Knowledge of the following: Process Modeling, Manufacturing Operations Support, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Capacity Planning, Production System Design, Production Planning, Ergonomics, Facilities Layout Design, Problem Solving, Inventory Control, Value Stream Mapping
- Experience with Discrete Event Simulation or other factory simulation softwares
- Knowledge of Operations Research topics
- Comfortable creating new solutions to problems, as opposed to applying tried methods
- Passion for optimizing production systems
- Six Sigma or LEAN manufacturing experience/certification
- Experience working with PLM, ERP and MES
$135,329 - $155,550 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $135,329 - $155,550 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.