Senior Electrical Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Electrical Engineering /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with aerospace experience to join us in developing exciting and revolutionary systems for a new class of all-electric aircraft. You will join an existing team that develops all of the electrical hardware in the aircraft, including flight computers, controllers, and various other power electronics and avionics systems. Your focus will be on PCB design from schematics to layout including system level and architecture troubleshooting. You will have the opportunity to contribute from concept development, through aircraft integration and troubleshooting issues that arise during flight testing and certification.
Within 3 months you will:
- Become part of the team, get familiar with team members and learn what they are working on
- Learn about the aircraft electronics architecture and existing hardware/firmware
- Work with other electrical engineers on board level and sub-system level bring up, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Become a reviewer of electrical design releases, assembly procedures, rework plans, and test results
Within 6 months you will:
- Work in Altium to upgrade and redesign existing electrical subsystems while producing documentation for fabrication and assembly vendors
- Support certification compliance testing, test witnessing, safety analysis, and documentation of electrical hardware
- Become an active member of the Material Review Board (MRB)
- Lead board level and sub-system level troubleshooting and failure mode analysis
- Contribute to writing requirements of new electrical systems, including design for manufacturing and design for testing.
Within 12 months you will:
- Evaluate options for improving the avionics and power distribution architecture
- Kickoff and shepherd development of both entirely new and upgraded avionics and power distribution systems
- Be the focal point for aviation regulators (FAA, EASA, Etc) conversations on technical issue resolution
- BSEE degree with at least ten years of experience.
- A master's degree and/or PhD count toward years of experience
- Experience with development, design, analysis and test of: Analog Sensor Interfaces, Power Supplies, Topology Selection, and Microprocessor Integration.
- Experience in a rigorous development, verification, documentation environment is a must.
- Great interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks and projects involving peers across several disciplines.
- Current (or ability to obtain) FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) -14 CFR Part 23 Systems & Equipment Electrical
- Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria, thermal cooling requirements for electronic equipment, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) / Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL) installation criteria is considered a plus
- Understanding of and experience with RTCA/DO-254 hardware life cycle data needed to demonstrate that the objectives of RTCA/DO-254 are fully met is considered a plus.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.