Sr. Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
Mountain View, CA /
Departments – Facilities & EHS /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for an Sr. Manager, Environmental Health & Safety to join our team. The goal of the position is to ensure that Wisk’s EHS program supports our mission “Deliver safe everyday flight for everyone” and our cultural behavior “Lead with Safety”. Your mission is to lead the EHS team to ensure the workplace is compliant with all applicable local, state, and federal EHS regulations, including: conducting audits, developing EHS plans, training employees on proper EHS procedures and supporting accident and incident investigations.
Why we need you:
- The successful candidate has demonstrated EHS experience and strong leadership, including the creation and deployment of EHS program elements ideally in various industry standards. In this role, the candidate will work with the entire Wisk organization, including Business Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, Certification & SMS, Integrated Product Teams and flight testing, and will enable and foster a positive and collaborative work environment with all customers.
What you will do:
- Take a proactive approach to safety and compliance for all Wisk operations.
- Lead the development of the EHS Programs.
- Lead EHS initiatives in accordance with local, state and federal requirements.
- Ensure alignment of EHS to Wisk’s Safety Management System.
- Support the Accident Investigation program.
- Ensure EHS related information, including organizational goals and objectives are made available to all personnel through established communication processes.
- Actively promote EHS internally and externally.
- Interface on a regular basis with company leadership, employees, contractors, regulators and industry partners in support of company EHS objectives.
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure compliance with company EHS objectives.
- Promote a Just Culture company wide.
- Stay current with local, state and federal regulation updates applicable to Wisk.
- Budget, plan, prepare and schedule training on an annual basis to cover EHS inhouse and certified training.
- Monitor ongoing compliance to EHS procedures.
- Routinely audit facilities and work processes to identify safety, health, and environmental risks. Draft an inspection report to document audit findings, and create mitigation plans to resolve findings in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field
- 10+ years experience in EHS roles
- 10+ years experience in a leadership role
- Experience with EHS Program development and implementation
- Expert knowledge of OHSA and Local standards and best practices
- Expert knowledge of accident investigation and best practices
- Experience with Emergency Response Program (ERP) development and implementation
- Physically able to conduct facility and process audits and carry equipment used for these purposes.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in inspections.
- Available to work more than the regular workweek, as needed, to perform assigned job duties and support internal customers or investigations, including weekends, evenings, early morning hours, and holidays
- This position requires the candidate to work 100% on-site, and travel as necessary to oversee remote facilities. Remote work for this position is not available.
- Masters degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field
- Experience in aviation safety and/or Safety Management Systems (SMS)
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience at all levels of the company
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
$197,999 - $257,171 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $197,999 - $257,171 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.