Senior Program Manager
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Program Management
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
Supporting the Director of Program Management, the Senior Program Manager will organize and coordinate activities and deliverables to reach milestones across a complex, multi disciplinary and multi functional team, in pursuit of building the first passenger service with an autonomous air taxi.
The Senior Program Manager will develop and implement appropriate and efficient strategies and tactics to drive towards milestone completion and accountability.
Within 3 months you will:
- Lead planning and track execution of 1 - 2 projects
- Produce and monitor overall project schedule for company-wide deliverables, integrating team schedules and identifying dependencies, conflicts and critical path
- Be a critical interface between the cross-functional teams
Within 6 months you will:
- Develop and maintain project Risk, Issue and Opportunity management and tracking
- Provide reporting on schedule delays, roadblocks, optimistic estimates, dependency conflicts, large error bars, open items and challenges
Within 12 months you will:
- Ensure all delivery, financial and technical commitments of the project are met
- Institute appropriate processes for documenting lessons learned and sharing of best practices
- At least 5 years of program/project management experience leading and/or managing complex multidisciplinary technical projects
- Aerospace/Aviation experience
- Outstanding analytical skills and solid understanding of product development and production processes
- Excellent knowledge of developing, tracking and maintaining schedules
- Team player and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, cross-functional groups, and vendors in accordance with plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.