Software Requirements Engineer
Remote, United States /
Wisk – Software /
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are seeking an experienced Software Requirements Engineer to join our software and autonomy group, which develops the onboard computing software and autonomous control to fly Cora. You will work alongside a small group of passionate engineers to lead the in progress High-Level software Requirements (HLR) process at Wisk. This means guiding the requirements generation process of the various software teams as well as personally decomposing HLRs from system level requirements. The latter task will also require eliciting other HLRs from existing code and software team members. You will also collaborate with our software and V&V teams to assure the requirements are optimized for generating Low-Level Requirements (LLR) and for the test team to verify. Finally, you will also be responsible for generating and/or implementing some of the DO-178C lifecycle documentation.
- Author software High-Level Requirements (HLR) as defined in RTCA DO-178C for the Cora aircraft software systems
- Generate HLRs by decomposing from approved Systems level requirements, using existing code as reference material, and eliciting guidance from Systems Engineering and Software Engineering team members
- Identify and validate Derived Software Requirements and support the Safety Assessment
- Use existing Requirements Management Tool to capture HLRs and trace to parent System Requirements
- Obtain approval for Software Requirement Specification (SRS) by holding reviews with team members and completing required checklists
- Update/implement existing DO-178C plans and standards and assist in generating release documentation
- B.S. in Engineering with at least two years of experience in systems engineering, software, and certification to RTCA DO-178B/C or equivalent
- Experience working in and developing complex code bases that had to be compliant with DO-178 objectives
- Experience with an aviation/aerospace development program during the requirements, design, and verification phases
- Hands-on experience with requirements generation and tracing tools
- Familiarity with software verification tools is a plus
- Experience with software Model Based Design is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.