Production Systems Test Engineer
Mesa, AZ /
Departments – Production Engineering /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Production Systems Test Engineer to join our team. The goal of a Production Systems Test Engineer at Wisk is to ensure that necessary functional testing performed during production is designed and carried out in a way that fits with the overall production system. This role will involve working with the testing and production engineering teams to design tests to be carried out repeatedly during production of the aircraft.
What you will do:
- As a Production Systems Test Engineer, you will learn about the aircraft and its subsystems, particularly in terms of how systems integrate and interact with each other, with the goal of transferring development tests to a production environment.
- You will take part in activities supporting builds of the aircraft from prototype through at rate production.
- You will coordinate and collaborate closely with the Systems Test function to learn testing principles, understand design and test intent, and develop production level tests and checks to incorporate into the final aircraft assembly production line.
- You will plan and execute component inspections and tests, requiring you to be hands-on with electro-mechanical components, as well as working closely with selected vendors and internal IPTs to define test requirements and ensure product quality.
3 months in
- Learn: Deep-dive into the Gen 6 production process, parts, and information flows required to build the aircraft from scratch
- Begin: Defining the requirements of each test for the components, systems and full aircraft.
6 months in
- List and understand the testing requirements for the aircraft
- Scope how the tests fit into the production system
- Perform capacity studies to determine the testing requirements for the entire production system
- Begin designing the tests and scoping equipment required for testing
12 months in
- List all testing equipment requirements and begin coordination of procurement of test fixtures.
- Coordinate facility requirements with relevant parties.
- Assist in writing test procedures and communicating them with production
- Coordinate approval of test procedures with necessary stakeholders
- Assist in prototype builds of the aircraft with prototype acceptance testing
- B.S. in a relevant engineering discipline with at least 5 years of experience working with large integrated systems such as integrated avionics system, electrical system, battery management systems, propulsion systems or fly-by-wire systems
- You have exposure to high-rate production environments and have experience working with integrating electro-mechanical systems.
- You have hands-on experience integrating complex, safety-critical systems and solving associated problems.
- You have a strong and applied understanding of EITHER production principles and scaling methodologies, OR test development principles and methodologies.
- Experience with Discrete Event Simulation or other factory simulation softwares
- Knowledge of Operations Research topics
- Comfortable creating new solutions to problems, as opposed to applying tried methods
- Passion for optimizing production systems
- Six Sigma or LEAN manufacturing experience/certification
- Experience working with PLM and MES
- Experience with quality, non-conformance reports and dispositions
$101,153 - $131,383 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $101,153 - $131,383 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.