Software Systems Engineer
Wisk – Software
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are currently seeking an experienced technical team member to join our software and avionics group, which builds the onboard computing hardware and software to power Cora. You will work alongside a small group of engineers to develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of novel avionics platforms.
Within 3 months you will:
- Participate in the software development process through software architecture and design as an individual contributor
- Get to know your team and be involved in the office's recruiting process
- Become familiar with the company software lifecycle documents and procedures
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs
- Learn about Cora aircraft systems and study the software requirements database
Within 6 months you will:
- Confidently author high-quality software requirements, architecture, design and trace data
- Suggest and implement improvements to the software development process
- Assist in training development and execution
- Own the software architecture and design of avionics software modules
- Experience in the development of software or requirements for civil aviation aircraft software, approved via compliance with the RTCA/DO-178[B|C] standard
- Experience with a software requirements management tool
- Excellent written technical communications skills, especially in the domain of civil aircraft software requirements.
- Experience using software requirements modeling tools, such as UML or other diagramming techniques.
- Experience with peer review, as well as the ability to productively evaluate the work of your peers
- Embedded systems engineering experience and understanding of computer architecture
- BS in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.