Senior HR Business Partner
Mesa, AZ /
Wisk – HR /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to join our team. The HR Business Partners at Wisk are responsible for aligning business objectives with people solutions in the organizations they support. Successful HR Business Partners act as business professionals, team member champions, change agents, and provide timely and accurate support to the organization and leadership team.
You will be part of the People Ops team which is responsible for looking after our people, fostering a strong and inclusive culture, and so much more.
Core responsibilities of the People Business Partner include:
- Business Partnering & Strategy: Build a strong and transparent partnership with the organizations you support, the rest of the People Ops team, and the Leadership team within Wisk. Understanding your “customers” business requirements and challenges. Translate business needs into performance requirements and employee initiatives to maximize employee growth and retention. Trusted and credible partner who anticipates needs and proactively recommends solutions. Optimizes transformational change efforts, by providing HR partnership support, for leading and managing change.
- Performance Management: Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders (coaching, counseling, career development and corrective action). Work closely with leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention. Ensure fairness and organizational consistency.
- Employee Relations: Manage and resolve employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations; create and maintain associated documentation. Collaborate with HR Leadership & Legal as needed. Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance. Ensure accurate and complete records are maintained.
- HR Policies & Procedures: Partner with their business leaders to communicate/interpret/implement policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Organizational Design & Development: Provide guidance and input on division structure, workforce planning and succession planning. Ensure development plans are in place for those you support.
- Talent Acquisition: Assists the Talent Acquisition (TA) team with process design and approaches that support the organization's budget plan and headcount growth. Acts as the liaison between the business and TA team supporting both strategic and tactical initiatives focused on people and talent acquisition and retention.
Requirements / Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, human resources, psychology, or other related discipline required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in all aspects of Human Resources
- Relevant, progressive people experience in employee relations, people operations, compensation/benefits, and/or organizational development
- Demonstrate discretion and sound judgment while working with sensitive and confidential materials
- Experience supporting multiple functions
- Comfortable using technology, especially Google Drive, Sheets, Slides, and Docs
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Passion for results; able to deliver full-cycle projects (start to finish) and results in a timely manner
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to solve moderate to complex problems; resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem-solving
- Very strong EQ, with fine tuned instincts and problem solving skills
- Thorough working knowledge of contemporary practices in the administration of HR policies, including (but not limited to): salary administration and performance review processes; performance management; proactive employee relations; issue investigation and resolution; recruiting
Who you are:
- Highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex challenges
- A strong communicator and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- A skilled project manager with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
- A strong presenter / have an executive presence
- Adaptable - you can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- Results oriented: You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- Positive team player, eager to make impact
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $143,487 - $219,256 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, as a condition of employment, we require that employees are fully-vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 as permitted by law. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs, practices, or observances that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.