Senior Mechanical Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Mechanical Engineering /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team developing the mechanical systems of an electric aircraft. You will work to develop mechanical designs in coordination with aerodynamics engineers, structural engineers, and manufacturing engineers among others in a diverse and fast-paced team.
Our systems are all tightly integrated, so this work will require close coordination with engineers developing electric motors, power electronics, various mechanisms, cooling systems, and all associated assembly tools and test equipment. You will participate in concept development, design, prototyping, analysis, model validation, design of test equipment, and system level test and verification.
Within 1 month you will:
- Get to know the team and the system
- Work with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, technicians, and other analysts to become familiar with the aircraft
- Support an existing project by helping with re-design, upgrades, and improvements
- Become fluent in our CAD and PLM tools
Within 3 months you will:
- Continue learning about the aircraft and subsystem assemblies
- Take ownership of new design projects or the support of ongoing efforts
- Work with technicians and manufacturing engineers to develop manufacturing processes, tooling, procedures, quality control points, inspection plans, etc.
Within 6 months you will:
- Troubleshoot issues discovered during testing and production of hardware
- Watch airplanes fly making use of the hardware you designed
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals (statics, dynamics, structural mechanics, etc.)
- Familiar with CAD software such as Siemens NX(preferred), Solidworks, etc.
- Familiar with drafting standards, including GD&T, and can interpret or create engineering drawings
- Experience supporting manufacture, including disposition of hardware non-conformances.
- Familiarity with aircraft certification and aerospace development best practices and standards
- Experience leading cross-functional integrated project teams including schedule, budget, and technical oversight
- Experience in field engineering/product sustainment.
- Experience as FAA Designated Engineering Representative
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.