Senior Software Engineer — Fullstack
At Foundation, we are laying the groundwork for web3—the next generation of the internet full of limitless possibilities. In web3, your creativity is valued and your digital objects belong to you. We aim to put power directly back into the hands of those who create online. Why? We believe this is how the internet should just work. Our team is made up of individuals who share that vision. Together, we’re unlocking the full potential of an internet based on new values of ownership and decentralization.
Our mission is to make web3 human. Everything from the smart contracts powering Foundation, to the design that our community interacts with daily, takes into consideration how our collective actions impact people.
New technology requires creativity, and web3 is uncharted. Foundation leads. Come join us.
Foundation's Full stack software engineers are building the general solutions that power our digital art gallery and NFT marketplace. Our team is pushing what's possible with crypto networks and putting this revolutionary technology in the hands of artists, musicians, creators, and their communities. Our future engineering teammates will develop new product offerings, solve backend challenges, and plug holes across our tech stack from UI to smart contracts. This work will usher in new creators and drive the next chapter of our community growth story.
- Own features from conception to launch
- Work autonomously alongside a highly collaborative team and company
- Pro-actively communicate progress plans and blockers
- Architect, scale, maintain secure backend systems that power an application in hyper-growth mode
- Create efficient, reliable, and readable middleware APIs for our UI layer to interact with low level smart contracts
- Partner with key stake holders across our support, design, product, and engineering teams
- Gain consensus with fellow teammates and stakeholders
- Wear multiple hats while touching multiple parts of our tech stack
- Grow into broader responsibilities, driving larger, mission critical technical verticals and initiatives
- You have an ability to write simple, elegant, composable, and well tested code
- You are a thoughtful communicator and collaborator
- You are metrics-driven, adaptable, and accountable in a dynamic environment
- You are committed to long term impact
- You have a passion for the arts, mutual support, and creating community
- You have a beginner's mind and open interest in learning new tech
- You empathize with the user experience and recognize the challenge of bringing projects to life
- You are ready to collaborate with a fast-moving team
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Typescript, React, GraphQL, and Postgres
- Bonus: Ethers.js, Next.js, Graph Protocol experience
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering role
- Thrives in wearing multiple hats and solving problems across multiple parts of a tech stack
Benefits and Support
• A culture that values inclusivity
• A remote-first working environment and the ability to set your own working hours
• Flexible paid time off
• Annual team offsite
• All of the tech you need to be successful
• A home office stipend including internet reimbursement
• Robust medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, including a zero cost option. For countries that provide government-sponsored health insurance, we offer a monthly stipend towards private health insurance.
• 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents, as well as 6 weeks of paid leave for birth giving parents
• Access to Talkspace confidential online therapy and One Medical on-demand primary care.
• Get paid in crypto or fiat
• Employer sponsored 401K
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.