Senior Software Engineer — Data Platform
What is Foundation?
Foundation bridges crypto and culture to create mutual support between artists and collectors. We’re forging a community-driven path, providing culturally pioneering curation, and sharing our tools with the rapidly evolving community of developers who are excited to define this future with us. We want anyone and everyone who cares about the future of digital expression to be a part of it, and to explore new possibilities collectively.
Since Foundation launched in February 2021, we’ve supported pioneering artists including Nadya Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot, Shawna X, Yung Jake, Aphex Twin, Zach Lieberman, Kim Laughton, Sarah Zucker, Devendra Banhart, Viktoria Modesta, Serwah Attafuah, Edward Snowden, and Dom Hofmann, the cofounder of Vine. And we’re just getting started.
Foundation's early data platform engineers will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and scaling the technology that will marry blockchain data signals with the complex social graphs happening in our applications. We're one of the earliest teams to encounter this intersection of data, so our data focused teammates will merge what's possible with crypto and social networks. This is foundational, mission-critical work that will be at the cutting edge and drive the next chapter of our community growth story.
- Build out the foundations of our data platform and search infrastructure
- Develop schemas and architectures to help us identify actionable data signals
- Collaborate with the engineering team to scale our internal services
- Pro-actively communicate progress plans and blockers
- Gain consensus with fellow teammates and stakeholders
- Wear multiple hats while touching multiple parts of our tech stack
- Grow into leadership responsibilities, driving larger, mission critical technical verticals and initiatives
- 5+ years as a Software or Data Engineer
- Experienced in analyzing, cleaning data, and preparing reports
- Advanced knowledge of data platforms, message passing, query layers, and queuing systems
- A beginner's mind and open interest in learning new tech
- Open communication and collaboration skills
- Adaptable and accountable in a dynamic environment
- Committed to long term impact
- Passionate for the arts, mutual support, and creating community
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with cloud stacks like AWS
- Experience with portable tech like Terraform is a plus
- Experience interacting with Ethereum nodes / web3 technologies is also a plus
Benefits & Location:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependents
- An unlimited vacation day policy — Every Foundation teammate joins us with a full tank of trust
- A new MacBook Pro and Airpods — You'll also get a home office stipend for any gear you need
- A remote first working environment with flexible working hours
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.