Senior Software Engineer — Data Platform
At Foundation, we are laying the groundwork for web3—the next generation of the internet full of limitless possibilities. In web3, your creativity is valued and your digital objects belong to you. We aim to put power directly back into the hands of those who create online. Why? We believe this is how the internet should just work. Our team is made up of individuals who share that vision. Together, we’re unlocking the full potential of an internet based on new values of ownership and decentralization.
Our mission is to make web3 human. Everything from the smart contracts powering Foundation, to the design that our community interacts with daily, takes into consideration how our collective actions impact people.
New technology requires creativity, and web3 is uncharted. Foundation leads. Come join us.
Foundation's early data platform engineers will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and scaling the technology that will marry blockchain data signals with the complex social graphs happening in our applications. We're one of the earliest teams to encounter this intersection of data, so our data focused teammates will merge what's possible with crypto and social networks. This is foundational, mission-critical work that will be at the cutting edge and drive the next chapter of our community growth story.
- Build out the foundations of our data platform and search infrastructure
- Develop schemas and architectures to help us identify actionable data signals
- Collaborate with the engineering team to scale our internal services
- Pro-actively communicate progress plans and blockers
- Gain consensus with fellow teammates and stakeholders
- Wear multiple hats while touching multiple parts of our tech stack
- Grow into leadership responsibilities, driving larger, mission critical technical verticals and initiatives
- You have an ability to write simple, elegant, composable, and well tested code
- You are a thoughtful communicator and collaborator
- You are metrics-driven, adaptable, and accountable in a dynamic environment
- You are committed to long term impact
- You have a passion for the arts, mutual support, and creating community
- You have a beginner's mind and open interest in learning new tech
- You empathize with the user experience and recognize the challenge of bringing projects to life
- You are ready to collaborate with a fast-moving team
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years as a Software or Data Engineer
- Experienced in analyzing, cleaning data, and preparing reports
- Advanced knowledge of data platforms, message passing, query layers, and queuing systems
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with cloud stacks like AWS
- Experience with portable tech like Terraform is a plus
- Experience interacting with Ethereum nodes / web3 technologies is also a plus
Benefits and Support
• A culture that values inclusivity
• A remote-first working environment and the ability to set your own working hours
• Flexible paid time off
• Annual team offsite
• All of the tech you need to be successful
• A home office stipend including internet reimbursement
• Robust medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, including a zero cost option. For countries that provide government-sponsored health insurance, we offer a monthly stipend towards private health insurance.
• 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents, as well as 6 weeks of paid leave for birth giving parents
• Access to Talkspace confidential online therapy and One Medical on-demand primary care.
• Get paid in crypto or fiat
• Employer sponsored 401K
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.