At Foundation, we are laying the groundwork for web3—the next generation of the internet full of limitless possibilities. In web3, your creativity is valued and your digital objects belong to you. We aim to put power directly back into the hands of those who create online. Why? We believe this is how the internet should just work. Our team is made up of individuals who share that vision. Together, we’re unlocking the full potential of an internet based on new values of ownership and decentralization.
Our mission is to make web3 human. Everything from the smart contracts powering Foundation, to the design that our community interacts with daily, takes into consideration how our collective actions impact people.
New technology requires creativity, and web3 is uncharted. Foundation leads. Come join us.
Foundation has achieved over $200 million in volume over its first year and we are gearing up for further scale and we are looking for a Finance Lead to help steer the company through this next phase of growth. You will be responsible for managing the company’s finances and taking on exciting projects, such as expanding our Treasury management strategy and working with every organization internally to make thoughtful investments to propel the company forward.
You will be working closely with company leadership to manage the company’s balance sheet in a way that helps us take advantage of opportunities, manage risk and, ultimately, directly steer one of the earliest web3 companies building the future of the internet.
- Own recurring FP&A processes, including budgeting, forecasting, and scenario planning
- Develop and implement the financial infrastructure and controls to automate and support the growth of the business and operations
- Expand on and execute our treasury management strategy
- Lead company’s efforts for all year-end activities including taxes
- Be a key contributor for decisions regarding fundraising and M&A scenarios
- Keep company leadership up to date and make finance-related recommendations on a regular basis
- Drive accountability in the organization while still maintaining trust and effective business relationships
- Lead financial and strategic analysis for company-wide teams; be an inspiring leader with a deep understanding of Foundation’s financial statements and strategic priorities
- Manage third-party vendors in collaboration with team leads
- Continuously monitor the greater economic landscape, web3 ecosystem, and internal developments to allow us to manage the company’s finances responsibly in an agile manner
- Over time, hire, develop and lead a high-performing team
- You have exceptional attention to detail
- You have a passion for designing and executing nuanced planning processes
- You embrace a collaborative business partnership mindset
- You have financial modeling experience (building financial statements, creating projections, sensitizing key variables)
- You have the ability to communicate effectively across various audiences
- You have experience with bookkeeping or managing a bookkeeping vendor
- You have experience with audits and assisting with tax preparation
- You have experience creating budgets for teams
- You have experience managing balance sheets > $1mm
- You have experience collaborating with a company’s leadership on key investment decisions
- 6+ years experience in a finance function with progressive financial responsibility
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience managing a company’s treasury
- Experience managing third-party vendors and associated expenses
- Experience managing high value transactions (eg. M&A, CAPEX)
- Experience in a high growth company or startup
- Web3 expertise and experience with DeFi
Benefits and Support
• A culture that values inclusivity
• A remote-first working environment and the ability to set your own working hours
• Flexible paid time off
• Annual team offsite
• All of the tech you need to be successful
• A home office stipend including internet reimbursement
• Robust medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, including a zero cost option. For countries that provide government-sponsored health insurance, we offer a monthly stipend towards private health insurance.
• 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents, as well as 6 weeks of paid leave for birth giving parents
• Access to Talkspace confidential online therapy and One Medical on-demand primary care.
• Get paid in crypto or fiat
• ETH grant to help further your web3 journey
• Employer sponsored 401K
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.