Director of Trust & Safety
What is Foundation?
Foundation bridges crypto and culture to create mutual support between artists and collectors. We’re forging a community-driven path, providing culturally pioneering curation, and sharing our tools with the rapidly evolving community of developers who are excited to define this future with us. We want anyone and everyone who cares about the future of digital expression to be a part of it, and to explore new possibilities collectively.
Since Foundation launched in February 2021, we’ve supported pioneering artists including Nadya Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot, Shawna X, Yung Jake, Aphex Twin, Zach Lieberman, Kim Laughton, Sarah Zucker, Devendra Banhart, Viktoria Modesta, Serwah Attafuah, Edward Snowden, and Dom Hofmann, the cofounder of Vine. And we’re just getting started.
Foundation’s Director of Trust & Safety will be committed to creating a safe, inclusive, and welcoming community. The ideal candidate will establish clearly-defined and evolving policies, create operational excellence in our decision-making and communications, and exemplify the importance of building trust within the community. Whether reviewing content concerns, navigating legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing policies, the Director of Trust & Safety will be responsible for enhancing the community experience for everyone on Foundation.
- Proactively establish a system for Trust & Safety policy development and continued refinement
- Mediate intellectual property disputes, fraud concerns, and DMCA requests confidently with a clear, productive, and poised attitude
- Conduct research around complaints and related feedback, and create a review system for escalating concerns and remediate issues as needed
- Identify all sources for potential T&S issues and establish mechanisms for reporting and tracking issues and resolutions
- Continuously evaluate and apply improvements for existing processes and policies to ensure they meet our community standards and legal obligations
- You have 5+ years of experience in Trust & Safety, with experience developing policies from the ground up.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and can build trust quickly.
- You are data-driven and eager to maximize impact through analyzing insights, collaborating with internal stakeholders, and designing and iterating on systems and processes.
- You are a great collaborator and can work effectively with many internal stakeholders.
- You are a dedicated problem solver with an extensive background in people management, operational strategy, and organizational efficiency.
- You are deeply empathetic, and have the utmost respect for different points of view.
- You are ready to collaborate with a fast-moving team.
Benefits & Location:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependents
- An unlimited vacation day policy — Every Foundation teammate joins us with a full tank of trust
- A new MacBook Pro and Airpods — You'll also get a home office stipend for any gear you need
- A remote first working environment with flexible working hours
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.