People Operations Lead
What is Foundation?
Foundation bridges crypto and culture to create mutual support between artists and collectors. We’re forging a community-driven path and sharing our tools with the rapidly evolving group of developers who are excited to define this future with us. We want anyone and everyone who cares about the future of digital expression to be a part of it.
Since Foundation launched in February 2021, we’ve supported pioneering artists including Nadya Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot, Shawna X, Yung Jake, Aphex Twin, Zach Lieberman, Kim Laughton, Sarah Zucker, Devendra Banhart, Viktoria Modesta, Serwah Attafuah, Edward Snowden, and Dom Hofmann, the cofounder of Vine. And we’re just getting started.
Foundation’s People Operations Lead is a passionate, multi-talented, hands on leader who has a knack for building systems, connecting with people, and building an inclusive, world-class employee experience. Our first People Lead will execute and develop day-to-day operations associated with HR practices and processes across all functional areas including onboarding, off-boarding, learning and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, and internal communications.
In partnership with the Foundation co-founders and core team, you will develop, iterate, and execute an inclusive and equitable people strategy in exciting and creative ways. You’ll be instinctive enough to jump on mission critical business opportunities as you see them and work with all team members in a matrixed, remote first, web3 environment. Your ideas, relationships, and work will directly steer one of the earliest web3 companies building the future of the internet.
- Build and implement initiatives around people operations including competitive benefit programs, culture and engagement, resource planning, learning, and development
- Construct the compensation philosophy and administration associated withcompensation, equity, and 401K plans
- Architect and champion best practices across the organization focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Partner with our Lead Recruiter and Hiring Managers to build a diverse team, an inclusive culture, and effective recruiting strategy
- Work cross-functionally to solve root people challenges, all while navigating various levels of sensitivity, complexity, urgency, and ambiguity
- Work with the co-founders to maintain and support our team culture through company growth
- Create and implement scalable HR systems, programs, policies and initiatives
- Work with the organization to build a performance management, development and team building program
- Own the onboarding to off-boarding process, including new hire engagement, employment verifications, immigration, benefits enrollment & changes, and separation processes
- Provide employee guidance for benefit questions, open enrollment support, escalating issues to brokers as necessary
- Partnering with the executive team and managers on organization design and development
- Develop and manage with the executive team processes to promote internal employee communication
- Ensure the company is aligned with employment and compliance to regulatory concerns
- Identify new ways to develop employee experience and employer branding
- You have 7+ years of functional experience across general areas of HR or People Operations
- You showcase excellent communication skills across multiple audiences and mediums
- You have pervious experience working with company leaders and managers
- You can switch contexts across a growing company, without skipping a beat
- You are thoughtful and a natural problem solver willing to tackle any task, big or small
- You have a passion for the arts, mutual support, and creating community
- You are ready to collaborate with a fast-moving team trailblazing the new creative economy
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience as the primary HR point-of-contact within a high-growth company or business unit
- Significant working knowledge of all HR functional areas including diversity & inclusion, employee experience, learning & development, performance management employee relations, compensation, and benefits
- You hold domain knowledge in the different areas of HR: Benefits, Organization Design, HRIS, Compensation, Rewards, and Retention
- Proven track record of being a people leader with an ability to resolve complex issues in support of a positive, inclusive work environment
- Familiarity with employment laws and best practices, global experience is a plus
- You can manage several complex projects simultaneously while working to meet deadlines
- You have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence and build support for ideas and initiatives
- Ability to develop strong relationships with partners across all levels of the organization
- A beginner’s mind and interest in Web3, Ethereum, and NFTs
- High-growth startup experience is a plus
Benefits and Support
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off with approval and flexible hours
- A home office stipend
- A remote working environment
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.