Lead Product Designer
What is Foundation?
Foundation bridges crypto and culture to create mutual support between artists and collectors. We’re forging a community-driven path and sharing our tools with the rapidly evolving group of developers who are excited to define this future with us. We want anyone and everyone who cares about the future of digital expression to be a part of it.
Since Foundation launched in February 2021, we’ve supported pioneering artists including Nadya Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot, Shawna X, Yung Jake, Aphex Twin, Zach Lieberman, Kim Laughton, Sarah Zucker, Devendra Banhart, Viktoria Modesta, Serwah Attafuah, Edward Snowden, and Dom Hofmann, the cofounder of Vine. And we’re just getting started.
Foundation is a looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our growing team. Since launching in early 2021, we have worked tirelessly to cement ourselves as the flagship, design-led company of Web 3. With the explosive growth of NFTs, and the creator economy — we're on the precipice of an entirely new paradigm, that will completely rearchitect the way humans interact with the internet. We believe this is a career-defining moment for pioneering designers everywhere, and we're looking to find a design leader who is hungry to invent the generation defining design patterns of this new and exciting frontier.
What you'll do at Foundation
- Lead and contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Help deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with leadership, engineering, community, and design peers
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Lead design presentations and critiques with the design team, and other collaborators
- Design and ship high quality product improvements ready for engineering hand off
- Scout out, explore and visualize new product opportunities for Foundation
Here are some projects you could work on
- Architect new social features that generate viral network effects for Foundation
- Explore and invent new design patterns that turn Foundation into the defining product of Web 3
- Iterate on our creator flows so that the process of minting an NFT becomes as simple and social as uploading a photo to Instagram
- Design an onboarding flow that onboards the next million people into Web 3
- Design first class support for new media types (Audio, Text, Code)
You might be a good fit if you
- Have 8+ years experience, and a clear track record of leading projects end-to-end
- Love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- Can navigate the fast moving pace of an early stage, fast growing project
- Leverage prototyping skills to articulate your designs, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced
- Value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
- Are comfortable leading large projects and shipping iteratively
- Have experience with front end development, and can collaborate well with interface engineers
Benefits and Support:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off with approval and flexible hours
- A home office stipend
- A remote working environment
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.