Senior Product Designer — Design Systems
What is Foundation?
Foundation bridges crypto and culture to create mutual support between artists and collectors. We’re forging a community-driven path and sharing our tools with the rapidly evolving group of developers who are excited to define this future with us. We want anyone and everyone who cares about the future of digital expression to be a part of it.
Since Foundation launched in February 2021, we’ve supported pioneering artists including Nadya Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot, Shawna X, Yung Jake, Aphex Twin, Zach Lieberman, Kim Laughton, Sarah Zucker, Devendra Banhart, Viktoria Modesta, Serwah Attafuah, Edward Snowden, and Dom Hofmann, the cofounder of Vine. And we’re just getting started.
Since launching in early 2021 — Foundation has become known for our world class user interface and experience. We know first hand, that this work doesn't come easy and are excited to double down on our positioning with the launch of this newly created role within our team. As the Product Designer focussing on our design system, you'll be working cross functionally across both our Design, and Interface Engineering teams to lead, architect and manage the Foundation Design System.
What you'll do at Foundation
- Collaborate with product designers, to review new features and improvements to our evolving design language
- Break down user flows to determine where recurring components can be utilised, or if new patterns need to be defined
- Own the creation, documentation and maintenance of our Figma component library
- Empower product designers with tools and superpowers to improve their workflow, through the use of our design system, and by upholding atomic design principles
- Collaborate with front end engineers to ensure our design system investments don't live within a silo on the design team, and are being utilised team wide
- Dive into code, by contributing to the build and styling of our React front end components
You might be a good fit if you
- Are a design/developer hybrid — who loves working both within code and design
- Love to create delightful, animated micro interactions
- Have a high attention to deal, and can be incredibly explicit, articulate and organized
- Love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- Can navigate the fast moving pace of an early stage project, fast growing project
- Value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
Benefits & Support:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off with approval and flexible hours
- A home office stipend
- A remote working environment
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.