Senior Software Engineer — Protocol
What is Foundation?
Foundation bridges crypto and culture to create mutual support between artists and collectors. We’re forging a community-driven path, providing culturally pioneering curation, and sharing our tools with the rapidly evolving community of developers who are excited to define this future with us. We want anyone and everyone who cares about the future of digital expression to be a part of it, and to explore new possibilities collectively.
Since Foundation launched in February 2021, we’ve supported pioneering artists including Nadya Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot, Shawna X, Yung Jake, Aphex Twin, Zach Lieberman, Kim Laughton, Sarah Zucker, Devendra Banhart, Viktoria Modesta, Serwah Attafuah, Edward Snowden, and Dom Hofmann, the cofounder of Vine. And we’re just getting started.
Foundation's protocol engineers build the smart contracts that power the Foundation protocol. They own our smart contract architecture and development, and this plays a critical role in scaling our product offering to the needs of our rapidly growing userbase and vibrant creative community. Our future engineering teammates will push what's possible at the intersection of crypto and art and drive the next chapter of our community growth story.
- Write robust, secure, upgradeable smart contracts that power the Foundation protocol
- Spec, implement, test, and audit protocol upgrades and additions
- Create efficient, reliable, and readable middleware APIs to interact with our deployed contracts
- Architecting reliable monitoring, alerting, and notification pipelines for both smart contracts and off-chain services
- Own features from conception to launch
- Work autonomously alongside a highly collaborative team and company
- Pro-actively communicate progress, plans and blockers
- Partner with key stakeholders across our support, design, product, and engineering teams
- Gain consensus with fellow teammates and stakeholders
- Grow into broader responsibilities, driving larger, mission critical technical verticals and initiatives
- Ability to write simple, elegant, composable, well tested code
- A beginner's mind and open interest in learning new tech
- Open communication and collaboration skills
- Adaptable and accountable in a dynamic environment
- Committed to long term impact
- Passionate for the arts, mutual support, and creating community
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience writing high-quality, well-tested Solidity
- Experience with React, GraphQL, and Postgres
- Knowledge of the EVM, blockchain technology, and crypto protocols
- Experience with Typescript, Ethers.js, Hardhat, and Graph Protocol is a plus
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering role.
Benefits & Location:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependents
- An unlimited vacation day policy — Every Foundation teammate joins us with a full tank of trust
- A new MacBook Pro and Airpods — You'll also get a home office stipend for any gear you need
- A remote first working environment with flexible working hours
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.