Senior DevOps Engineer
What is Foundation?
Foundation bridges crypto and culture to create mutual support between artists and collectors. We’re forging a community-driven path, providing culturally pioneering curation, and sharing our tools with the rapidly evolving community of developers who are excited to define this future with us. We want anyone and everyone who cares about the future of digital expression to be a part of it, and to explore new possibilities collectively.
Since Foundation launched in February 2021, we’ve supported pioneering artists including Nadya Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot, Shawna X, Yung Jake, Aphex Twin, Zach Lieberman, Kim Laughton, Sarah Zucker, Devendra Banhart, Viktoria Modesta, Serwah Attafuah, Edward Snowden, and Dom Hofmann, the cofounder of Vine. And we’re just getting started.
Foundation's early DevOps software engineers will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and scaling our developer infrastructure. We're pushing what's possible with crypto and social networks, so our early DevOps engineering teammates will develop the systems and infrastructures that will support and scale our engineering team. This is foundational work that will work at the cutting edge and drive the next chapter of our community growth story.
- Build out the foundations of our engineering infrastructure and developer operations
- Set up and roll out on-call, monitoring, and alerting systems for our growing engineering team
- Bolster our uptime and reliability efforts
- Collaborate with software engineers, enabling them to design, develop and deploy software quickly, reliably and securely
- Pro-actively communicate progress plans and blockers
- Gain consensus with fellow teammates and stakeholders
- Wear multiple hats while touching multiple parts of our tech stack
- Grow into leadership responsibilities, driving larger, mission critical technical verticals and initiatives
- 5+ years as a Software, DevOps, or Infrastructure Engineer
- Ability to write simple, elegant, composable, well tested code
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering processes, what they look like, and how to foster an environment that creates and scales them
- A track record of working with other engineers to determine infrastructure needs
- A beginner's mind and open interest in learning new tech
- Open communication and collaboration skills
- Adaptable and accountable in a dynamic environment
- Commitment to long term impact
- Passion for the arts, mutual support, and creating community
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience building systems on public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity with Kubernetes or Terraform
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, and supporting data platforms is a plus
- Experience interacting with Ethereum nodes / web3 technologies is also a plus
Benefits & Location:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependents
- An unlimited vacation day policy — Every Foundation teammate joins us with a full tank of trust
- A new MacBook Pro and Airpods — You'll also get a home office stipend for any gear you need
- A remote first working environment with flexible working hours
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.