Software Engineer — Fullstack, Marketplace Health
What is Foundation?
Foundation bridges crypto and culture to create mutual support between artists and collectors. We’re forging a community-driven path, providing culturally pioneering curation, and sharing our tools with the rapidly evolving community of developers who are excited to define this future with us. We want anyone and everyone who cares about the future of digital expression to be a part of it, and to explore new possibilities collectively.
Since Foundation launched in February 2021, we’ve supported pioneering artists including Nadya Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot, Shawna X, Yung Jake, Aphex Twin, Zach Lieberman, Kim Laughton, Sarah Zucker, Devendra Banhart, Viktoria Modesta, Serwah Attafuah, Edward Snowden, and Dom Hofmann, the cofounder of Vine. And we’re just getting started.
As our Marketplace Health Software Engineer, you'll be building the product features and tools that will maintain the integrity of our marketplace, build trust across our collectors and creators, and educate them on best digital art practices. We're scaling our product offering to the needs of our rapidly growing userbase and vibrant creative community, so this role will elevate our core team, establish our Trust & Safety pillar, usher in the next wave of NFT creators and collectors, and play a pivotal part in our epic growth story. In joining us, you'll develop novel solutions that'll fight fraud, support artists, and push the boundaries of what's possible when building marketplaces and communities in a crypto, Web3 context. This type of work has never been done before, and we're excited to dive into these uncharted waters with you.
- Ship product features that maintain the integrity of our NFT marketplace and creator community
- Conceptualize, build, and launch the tools that support creators and automate our internal Trust & Safety processes
- Own features from conception to launch
- Work autonomously alongside a highly collaborative team and company
- Pro-actively communicate progress, plans and blockers
- Partner with key stake holders across our community, support, design, product, and engineering teams
- Gain consensus with fellow teammates and stakeholders
- Wear multiple hats while touching multiple parts of our tech stack
- Grow into broader responsibilities, driving larger, mission critical trust and safety initiatives
- Ability to write simple, elegant, composable, well tested code
- A beginner's mind and open interest in learning new tech
- Open communication and collaboration skills
- Adaptable and accountable in a dynamic environment
- Committed to long term impact
- Passionate for the arts, mutual support, and creating community
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Experience with Typescript, React, Next.js, GraphQL, and Postgres
- Ethers.js and Graph protocol experience is a plus
- 3-5 years experience in a software engineering role
- A track record of building user products, internal tools, and features
- An eye for a breadth of user needs and personas, including artists, legal & compliance folks, trust & safety, and support specialists
- Thrives while wearing multiple hats and solving problems across multiple parts of a tech stack
Benefits & Location:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependents
- An unlimited vacation day policy — Every Foundation teammate joins us with a full tank of trust
- A new MacBook Pro and Airpods — You'll also get a home office stipend for any gear you need
- A remote first working environment with flexible working hours
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.