Senior Brand Designer — Motion
What is Foundation?
Foundation bridges crypto and culture to create mutual support between artists and collectors. We’re forging a community-driven path and sharing our tools with the rapidly evolving group of developers who are excited to define this future with us. We want anyone and everyone who cares about the future of digital expression to be a part of it.
Since Foundation launched in February 2021, we’ve supported pioneering artists including Nadya Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot, Shawna X, Yung Jake, Aphex Twin, Zach Lieberman, Kim Laughton, Sarah Zucker, Devendra Banhart, Viktoria Modesta, Serwah Attafuah, Edward Snowden, and Dom Hofmann, the cofounder of Vine. And we’re just getting started.
Since launching in early 2021 — Foundation has made a name for ourselves as the defining brand of the new creative economy. Worldwide, creators have been attracted to Foundation because of our creator-centric approach, our ability to cultivate culture and our ability to tell engaging stories about our community. We have every ambition to continue building our position in this space, and believe that our work here is only getting started.
As a brand designer, you'll have the unique opportunity to define the visual storytelling of a growing ecosystem that is radically re-architecting the internet. We're after a designer with a strong focus in motion and animation, who can collaborate with our tight knit design and content teams to produce engaging content for web and social.
What you'll do at Foundation
- Help distinguish and evolve the visual brand at Foundation, with a strong focus on motion
- Deliver creative visual assets, static and motion design that brings our brand to life
- Translate storyboards and creative direction into engaging, effective motion designs
- Work collaboratively with designers and content producers to bring projects to life, from conception all the way through to launch
- Concept and develop content for social campaigns
- Clearly articulate strategic thinking and design decisions to a variety of partners
- Collaborate closely with peers across leadership, community, design, brand and engineering
Here are some projects you could work on
- Lead a flagship short film that explains the vision of Foundation to the world
- Produce animated intros, cards and cutscenes for branded product videos
- Create branded motion graphics for live streamed events on Twitch and Instagram
- Build delightful and expressive animations for use in the core website and product
- Define the motion style guide for the Foundation brand
You might be a good fit if you
- Have 5+ years experience
- Are a thoughtful communicator and collaborator
- Are committed to long term impact
- Have a passion for the arts, mutual support, and creating community
- Have a beginner's mind and open interest in learning new things
- Are ready to collaborate with a fast-moving team
- Are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and can build trust quickly
Benefits and Support:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off with approval and flexible hours
- A home office stipend
- A remote working environment
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.