What is Foundation?
Foundation bridges crypto and culture to create mutual support between artists and collectors. We’re forging a community-driven path and sharing our tools with the rapidly evolving group of developers who are excited to define this future with us. We want anyone and everyone who cares about the future of digital expression to be a part of it.
Since Foundation launched in February 2021, we’ve supported pioneering artists including Nadya Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot, Shawna X, Yung Jake, Aphex Twin, Zach Lieberman, Kim Laughton, Sarah Zucker, Devendra Banhart, Viktoria Modesta, Serwah Attafuah, Edward Snowden, and Dom Hofmann, the cofounder of Vine. And we’re just getting started.
The Community Manager is a passionate, multi-talented leader who has a knack for connecting with people and building conversations that strengthen authentic relationships. An exceptional communicator, this candidate will nurture creativity, discover and bring on new creators, and implement initiatives that will inspire, educate, and amplify a rich, thriving community. This person will deliver energetic, empathetic, and compassionate support to ensure a high quality experience for contributors worldwide. We’re looking for someone who is intentional and highly organized, while also being tuned in to emerging trends in art and culture.
- Be a positive, active member and daily presence in Foundation’s online community spaces (especially Discord), ensuring that conversations and connections are developing, questions are answered, and requests are escalated when relevant.
- Build affinity by conceptualizing and executing initiatives that inspire the community to contribute positively and meaningfully. This could include panels, educational workshops, or other programs and events that are attuned to community needs.
- Surface community members to feature across our editorial channels, including social media, blog posts, events, newsletters, and internal presentations.
- Ensure our Discord is structured in the best possible way for engagement, and work with our community moderators to make sure they’re set up in their roles.
- Research active community members, and keep them informed and engaged so they can be impactful leaders in our online communities.
- Develop in-person and online events in collaboration with our community team.
- Identify and escalate bugs and technical issues as they come in, and follow up with the community member who reported the issue once it’s been resolved.
- Keep a pulse check on community sentiment, and make strategic decisions accordingly.
- Report trends and other insights gathered from the community to the team on a regular basis.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working in community management as well as scaling programs, and love to bring people and groups together.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and can build trust quickly.
- You have extensive experience managing and coordinating logistics and are confident in your ability to juggle competing priorities and effectively manage time.
- You regularly keep tabs on emerging trends and topics in internet culture and web3.
- You are ready to collaborate with a fast-moving, highly creative team.
- Bonus -- you are multilingual and have experience growing international community initiatives.
Benefits and Support:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off with approval and flexible hours
- A home office stipend
- A remote working environment
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.