Health Economics & Outcomes Research Lead
San Mateo, CA /
Product – Product /
This role will be responsible for bringing an innovative perspective to advise strategic decisions around patient/plan analytics and healthcare data science capabilities, supporting commercial, medical and health economics & outcomes research (HEOR) functions. She/he will facilitate and develop actionable recommendations based on patient insights that address key business needs and objectives. This role will be highly involved in all facets of our analytics strategy, ensuring rigorous approach of measuring business value. This role will guide and execute advanced and predictive analytics to support the goal of lowering costs, improving outcomes and delivering differentiating patient engagement through our medication guidance offering. You'll work closely with a diverse team of colleagues including product managers, data scientists, clinicians, marketing and sales leadership, and more to understand the member experience of care and demonstrate the value of WithMe Health programs to members and other stakeholders. This role will have nationwide interactions with business partners, and clients.
Location: Remote or San Francisco Bay Area, CA preferred.
- Develops and conducts HEOR, real word studies using observational, claims data, and/or modeling research, as well as through patient-reported outcomes for presentation to plan sponsors, members, providers, and pharmaceutical companies.
- Take a commercial-facing approach to design prospective studies with clients and act as strategic partner to clients, internal teams and business partners (Sales, Marketing, Operations).
- Design and execute unique product-specific strategies to demonstrate product value and support pricing and reimbursement commercialization activities.
- Be a thought leader in defining data science and machine learning models ensuring the team continues to apply cutting-edge models across patient adherence, segmentation, etc.
- Translate insights generated from various models and algorithms into actionable insights via story-telling along with corresponding data to substantiate the recommendations.
- Develops WithMe Health’s roadmap for outcomes-based guarantees, defining measurements, conducting studies/analyses, and developing economics models for underwriting in taking financial risk for the delivery of financial and health care outcomes for our customers.
- Work with the Product team to identify strategies and plans for ongoing data collection, enrichment, and interoperability.
- Apply appropriate methodology based on the use cases – including, but not limited to regression, forecasting, clustering, decision trees, simulation, optimization, and machine learning.
- Publish the models and perform reviews on an ongoing basis to ensure that the efficacy of results generated is not diminished over time.
- Presents health outcomes research findings at scientific conferences and publishes this research in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- An advanced degree (masters) in health economics, statistics, health policy or related field is required.
- PhD or PharmD with strong focus in Health Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology or related field preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in the pharma or healthcare sector, preferably in health economics, market access or related functions/fields is required.
- Proficiency in design and execution of economic modeling studies, predictive analytics studies, and/or observational research using large administrative pharmacy and medical claims/EMR, public and private datasets.
- Experience evaluating the impact of healthcare interventions (such as digitally-enabled wellness and chronic disease management programs).
- Understanding of the purpose, principles and application of comparative effectiveness, evidence-based medicine, and other medical technology evaluation initiatives relevant to the US market.
- Demonstrated analytical and statistical programming skills; including use of qualitative and quantitative software packages.
- Demonstrated research accomplishments as evidenced by a history of peer-reviewed publications.
- Expertise in using longitudinal EMR, registry, or insurance claims data to generate insights.
- Experience working with data scientists and software engineers to put something into production – you think about scalable ways to improve the reach of your work.
- Experience working with clinical research teams to design clinical and health economic evidence generation strategies.
- Ability to thrive in a smaller company environment and the pace of a true startup.
There are many reasons to come work for us but we’ll just list a few:
Highly competitive pay100% employer-paid health coverage for you;
80% employer-paid health coverage for your dependents
401(k) plan eligible day 1
One Medical membership
Paid life insurance
8 weeks’ parental leave for primary caregiver
Results-only work environmentGenerous vacation policy
WithMe Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
WithMe Health’s commitment to diversity and inclusion honors and respects people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives both within our workforce and for the people we serve. By using a cooperative and compassionate mindset, our goal is to narrow the disparities in healthcare and to improve patient health for all people.