Director, Health Economics
Product – Product /
Our vision is to help everyone lead their healthiest lives. And our mission is to create a significantly better medication experience for all our members, putting their health and needs first as they navigate the complexity of medications by offering our clinical expertise to them and their trusted providers to save them money and to improve their health.
We’re unsatisfied with the status quo in pharmacy benefits management and medication guidance. We know that we can provide an easier and more personalized, cost-effective, and equitable experience for members, while helping our clients--those who provide pharmacy benefits--make a more impactful investment in their members’ health.
WithMe Health is a modern pharmacy benefits manager (PBM) with a unique personalized medication guidance solution that sits on a purpose-built technology stack and offers the best PBM member mobile app experience in the market. Our pharmacist and pharmacy technician Medication Guides leverage this technology to bring their expertise and a human touch to proactively help our members.
We founded WithMe in 2018 to address the growing challenges and unmet needs with legacy PBMs: misaligned business models, frustrating interactions, unknown outcomes, high costs, and a lack of real transparency.
We’re growing fast. We’ve raised $48 million from Oak HC/FT, OMERS Ventures, and other leading VCs and strategic partners to take on the $450+ billion PBM industry.
The role in a nutshell:
This role will be responsible for bringing an innovative perspective to advise strategic decisions around patient/plan analytics and healthcare data science capabilities, supporting commercial, medical and health economics & outcomes research (HEOR) functions. She/he will facilitate and develop actionable recommendations based on patient insights that address key business needs and objectives. This role will be highly involved in all facets of our analytics strategy, ensuring rigorous approach of measuring business value. This role will guide and execute advanced and predictive analytics to support the goal of lowering costs, improving outcomes and delivering differentiating patient engagement through our medication guidance offering. You'll work closely with a diverse team of colleagues including product managers, data scientists, clinicians, marketing and sales leadership, and more to understand the member experience of care and demonstrate the value of WithMe Health programs to members and other stakeholders. This role will have nationwide interactions with business partners, and clients.
Location: Remote or San Francisco Bay Area, CA preferred.
- Analyze healthcare data such as medical and pharmacy claims, labs and patient reported data to uncover insights and identify plan/patient saving and outcome improvement opportunities
- Generate actionable and impactable medication guidance interventions from data and measure performance against these opportunities
- Create the strategy and content to demonstrate the ROI of the WithMe solution
- Predictive analytics support for cost efficiency and quality improvement efforts
- Act as a thought leader in defining data science and machine learning models, ensuring the team continues to apply cutting-edge models across patient adherence, segmentation, etc.
- Work with the product and clinical teams to identify strategies, ongoing data collection, enrichment, and product improvements
- Apply appropriate methodology based on the use cases, including, but not limited to; regression, forecasting, clustering, decision trees, simulation, optimization, and machine learning
- Publish the models and perform reviews on an ongoing basis to ensure that the efficacy of results generated is not diminished over time
- An advanced degree (masters) in health economics, statistics, health policy or related field is required.
- PhD or PharmD with strong focus in Health Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology or related field preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in the pharma or healthcare sector, preferably in health economics, market access or related functions/fields is required.
- Proficiency in design and execution of economic modeling studies, predictive analytics studies, and/or observational research using large administrative pharmacy and medical claims/EMR, public and private datasets
- Experience evaluating the impact of healthcare interventions, such as digitally-enabled wellness and chronic disease management programs
- Demonstrated analytical and statistical programming skills; including use of qualitative and quantitative software packages
- Demonstrated research accomplishments as evidenced by a history of peer-reviewed publications
- Expertise in using longitudinal EMR, registry, or insurance claims data to generate insights
- Experience working with data scientists and software engineers to productionalize– you think about scalable ways to improve the reach of your work
- Experience working with clinical research teams to design clinical and health economic evidence generation strategies
- Ability to thrive in a smaller company environment, with the pace of a true startup
There are many reasons to come work for us but we’ll just list a few:
Highly competitive pay
100% employer-paid health coverage for you;
75% employer-paid health coverage for your dependents
401(k) plan eligible day 1
One Medical membership
Paid life insurance
8 weeks’ parental leave for primary caregiver
Results-only work environment
Generous vacation policy
WithMe Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
WithMe Health’s commitment to diversity and inclusion honors and respects people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives both within our workforce and for the people we serve. By using a cooperative and compassionate mindset, our goal is to narrow the disparities in healthcare and to improve patient health for all people.