Data Integration Manager
Technology – Engineering /
Are you a resourceful individual that can fill a PBM IT Dedicated Client Support Advisor (CSA) role? As a PBM IT Dedicated Data Integration Manager, you will serve as an intermediary between the IT organization, the client, and other internal functional areas, predominantly Sales, Account Management, and Implementations as well as external vendors.
The position will be two-fold:
Client/Account Team focus: You will act as a single liaison and advocate between IT and the Account Management Team for a dedicated client, managing IT critical issues to their resolution, driving client IT projects to deployment, and providing constant communication regarding IT project status and achievements. You will collaborate with all key players involved to drive efforts internally until the client’s IT needs and requests are identified and addressed through internal systems/organizations. By gaining knowledge of your client’s custom IT work, you will provide IT support and analysis to the client and business. You will review PRFs, BSRs, requirements, etc. after initially completed by your account team and engaging the appropriate business SMEs. By ensuring that your client’s Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), PGs, and IT Commitments are understood through contract review and met, you will improve and further develop the relationship between WithMe Health and our clients. You will be responsible for communicating scheduled and unscheduled application outages to Client.
IT focus: You will assist WithMe’s integration efforts with vendors and partners including new client implementations and ongoing support. You will deal in health care data such as claims, labs, clinical data and work closely with our Customer Success teams to manage integration efforts. This activity may involve attending Business and IT calls, speaking on behalf of the IT organization, and making sure all tickets are resolved in the applicable SLAs. You will also assist with reviewing client contracts for IT commitments.. You will need to be engaged with the CAP (corrective action plan) process when impact requires an IT solution. You should understand how your client connects to the various applications they use and be able to conduct a high-level discussion on each of the applications. You will need to have a high-level understanding of the data flow through the various WithMe Health applications and systems. In this position, you will need to interact with the Product and Development teams which will require a high-level technical understanding of the process and procedures. This position may require occasional after-hours client implementations validation.
● Own business and technical relationships with integration partners, including the project management of new integrations
● Be the subject matter expert on health care data integration standards, such as HL7, FHIR, X12, NCPDP, and D.0 for our internal teams
● Develop and support a wide range of data mapping, transformations and migrations
● Support requirements and implementation of data pipelines and data marts, access versatile data sources, and apply data quality measures
● Work closely with product and engineering to help design scalable, maintainable, and user friendly integration platform
● Investigate data mismatches and apply solutions
● Translate health care data requirements into WithMe standard data models, working closely with engineers to provide technical specifications.
● Troubleshoot and solve technical integration issues or bugs
● In addition to supporting your dedicated client, you will look for ways to improve processes and remove any inefficiencies to help the team overall.
● Providing your account team with critical maintenance and release information.
● Reviewing global IT projects that may potentially impact your client and provide scope and project status to the business/client.
● Assisting account management in planning request execution sequences based on client need, timing, and priority while adhering to SLAs and tracking achievements.
● Track SOWs (Statement of Work), IT development hours and provide financial reporting to client/business
● Aligning all production changes with internal release management
● Providing IT support to internal teams regarding clients’ inquiries and issues
● Providing innovative and proactive solutions to your client’s complex IT problems
● Driving ticket escalations to address concerns in a timely manner through the appropriate channels.
● Advocating for the client internally with other business units including Dev/QA/Client Services, etc. to make sure the client's needs are met in a timely manner with high quality.
● Serving as a SME for a designated IT technology area/application (RxClaim) to assist with RFP questions, maintain how to access information and at bi-weekly team meetings provide updates.
● Understanding impacts on a more global landscape and sharing with the concierges to determine if there is a gap that needs to be filled.
● Provide backup to other Client Support Sr Advisor/Advisor colleagues.
● Other duties as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Management, Information Services or related fields required. Masters degree in Information Technology, Information Management, Information Services or MBA preferred.
5+ years of professional technical business experience (IT, finance, consulting or similar experience) working in a complex matrixed environment required. Experience includes the following:
● 2+ years of Business Analyst experience or similar work experience required
● PBM systems/applications experience required
● 2+ years of prescription claims experience required
● Experience with client management, project/program management, SDLC, and/or customer interactions required
● Project management experience with external vendors or clients required
● Strong business relationship management skills to develop partnerships with key customer stakeholders preferred
● Experience and deep understanding of healthcare data, particularly FHIR, HL7 and claims, X12 EDI data highly desired
● Knowledge and experience with data transfer protocols required
● Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources required
● SQL fluency, experience with Elastic & Cassandra are preferred
● Experience working with both highly technical teams and non-technical teams; ability to communicate effectively to both required
● Strong communicator, both verbal and written, with executive presence and the ability to influence across functions and at all levels of an organization required
● Demonstrated presentation skills and ability to develop clear narratives out of complex ideas and circumstances preferred
● Highly organized and able to provide positive leadership across multiple cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, complex working environment demonstrating a high level of independent judgment and proactiveness required
There are many reasons to come work for us but we’ll just list a few:
● Highly competitive pay
● 100% employer-paid health coverage for you; 80% employer-paid health coverage for your dependents
● Four weeks’ paid time off (PTO) each year
● 401(k) plan eligible day 1
● One Medical membership
● Paid life insurance
● Eight weeks’ parental leave for primary caregiver
● Flex spending
● Results-only work environment
WithMe Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
WithMe Health’s commitment to diversity and inclusion honors and respects people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives both within our workforce and for the people we serve. By using a cooperative and compassionate mindset, our goal is to narrow the disparities in healthcare and to improve patient health for all people.