Director, Data and Insights
Clinical & Contracting – Clinical Product /
Our vision is to help everyone lead their healthiest lives. And our mission is to create a significantly better medication experience for all our members, putting their health and needs first as they navigate the complexity of medications by offering our clinical expertise to them and their trusted providers to save them money and to improve their health.
We’re unsatisfied with the status quo in pharmacy benefits management and medication guidance. We know that we can provide an easier and more personalized, cost-effective, and equitable experience for members, while helping our clients--those who provide pharmacy benefits--make a more impactful investment in their members’ health.
WithMe Health is a modern pharmacy benefits manager (PBM) with a unique personalized medication guidance solution that sits on a purpose-built technology stack and offers the best PBM member mobile app experience in the market. Our pharmacist and pharmacy technician Medication Guides leverage this technology to bring their expertise and a human touch to proactively help our members.
We founded WithMe in 2018 to address the growing challenges and unmet needs with legacy PBMs: misaligned business models, frustrating interactions, unknown outcomes, high costs, and a lack of real transparency.
We’re growing fast. We’ve raised $48 million from Oak HC/FT, OMERS Ventures, and other leading VCs and strategic partners to take on the $450+ billion PBM industry.
The role in a nutshell:
WithMe Health is looking for a Director, Data & Insights. You will be a key member of the WithMe Management Team and will play a critical role in executing the company's mission to create a significantly better medication experience for all of our members. You will lead data analytics and informatics in leveraging our rich data sets to build strategy and uncover areas of opportunities, turning new insights into executable steps. This role will partner with leaders in clinical, operations, administration, product and engineering to create novel clinical and business solutions. This role will report to the SVP, Clinical Innovation. If you are a team player with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, a data ninja with the impact and outcomes in mind, this is the role for you.
- Strong partnership with clinical team to innovate, using data models in framing and answering complex healthcare questions
- Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large datasets and derive actionable insights
- Ideate and develop comprehensive digital reporting including dashboards and related analysis on an ongoing basis
- Leverage industry knowledge to further develop and iterate outcome and savings model
- Work closely with a multi-disciplinary, diverse team, identifying and interpreting business needs and responding with configurable, productized BI solutions
- Own the BI requirements, understand how they relate to WithMe’s business goals, and translate that data into reports and dashboards used by all departments across WithMe and externally for our clients
- Utilize BI tools to create and manage reports, dashboards, and data sources that are needed for deriving business insights
- Develop reporting standards and best practices to ensure data and key metric standardization across the company
- Continually mine product analytics data and other technical sources for performance data and valuable consumer insights that improve user experience and drive growth
- Work proactively with data engineering to design and refine analytics infrastructure
- Collaborate with engineering to optimize data models and pipelines to support analytics
- Act as subject matter expert externally and internally on the Reporting platform
- Drive user acceptance testing (externally and internally) and system sign-off to drive platform adoption
- Ensure data integrity across all performance-based metrics and reporting
- Monitor industry innovations and the competitive landscape
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare (payer, pharmacy, PBM, clinical), technology
- 10+ years of informatics and analytics experience with strong understanding of how healthcare data products solve for analytical, clinical, and operational use cases
- Advanced in-depth specialization in mathematical analysis methods, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling
- Familiar with building Data Warehouses and Data Marts using dimensional data and ETL processes to build BI platforms and environments for self-service and advanced analytics and BI tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgement and an ability to present analysis and associated data in a clear and compelling manner
- Ability to juggle several complex longer-term projects, while also handling ad hoc requests
- Expertise in SQL and NoSQL, as well as using R or Python to manipulate large data sets and develop statistical models
- Experience with business intelligence (BI) tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading analytics team
- Ability to be extremely organized, disciplined, hands-on, and process oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Advance degree a plus
There are many reasons to come work with us, but we’ll just list a few:
● Energetic and mission-oriented team
● Experience leadership
● Highly competitive pay
● 100% employer-paid health coverage for you; 75% employer-paid health coverage for your dependents
● 401(k) plan eligible day 1
● 4 weeks’ PTO each year
● 8 weeks’ parental leave each year for primary caregiver
● One Medical membership
● Paid life insurance
● Flex spending accounts
● Results-only work environment
WithMe Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WithMe Health’s commitment to diversity and inclusion honors and respects people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives both within our workforce and for the people we serve. By using a cooperative and compassionate mindset, our goal is to narrow the disparities in healthcare and to improve patient health for all people.