Sr Software Development Engineer in Test
San Mateo, CA /
Technology – Engineering /
Sr Software Development Engineer in Test
WithMe Health provides a medication guidance solution that replaces legacy Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) by using modern technology and rich datasets to consistently apply proven science and create individualized experiences for employees and their families. WithMe Health’s solution is unlike any other medication guidance solution in the market today: it is proactive, adaptive, convenient, and engaging.
The company was formed in 2018 to address the growing challenges and unmet needs that employers and employees face with legacy PBMs: misaligned business models, frustrating interactions, unknown outcomes, high costs, and a lack of real transparency. Having raised $40 million + in financing from Oak HC/FT and other leading VC, WithMe Health is poised for significant growth while disrupting the $453 billion PBM industry and is looking to build out its team to help achieve this growth.
WithMe Health is looking for an experienced Sr Software Development Test Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure high product quality. Our SDET will be responsible to provide in-depth quality assurance support to the software development process as a part of an agile team by defining, designing, prioritizing and communicating all testing aspects. As an SDET, you will test applications’ functionality and monitor all stages of data processing, web and mobile application to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards. We are looking for a technically strong and creative individual that possesses a passion for driving quality and ensuring a positive end user experience.This position is based out of our San Mateo, CA office.
● Create and track to RTM (requirements traceability matrix)
● Research, identify and adapt appropriate tools and infrastructure
● Improve the overall QA process, such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements
● Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering.
● Provide timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion
● Design and develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
● Create end-end, functional, integration (API and UI) tests for complex business requirements and review.
● Participate in Test Design Review meetings for test plans with focus on functional, business, complex scenarios, high impact projects and usability
● Work with engineers to promote TDD (test driven development) and assist as needed
● Collaborate with globally distributed team
● Work closely with developers, testers, PO, and UX to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
Qualifications and Experience:
● A minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering, quality assurance / engineering in Mobile and Web automation and usability
● 2+ years if experience with health care applications
● Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
● Develop and support automation frameworks. Provide technical guidance as needed for QAEs
● Define, rollout, and enforce best practice processes in the areas of functional, system and regression testing using a combination of manual and automated testing
● Familiarity with CI/CD automation frameworks (especially using Python and Java)
● Proven testing experience in Web Services/ API endpoints
● Extensive knowledge of JSON and SQL.
● Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
● Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing and automated testing tools
● Excellent communication skills with clear emphasis on collaboration
● Self-motivated, independent, and proactive.
● Experience with microservices, data analytics and cloud technologies
● Knowledge on FHIR is an advantage
● Bachelor's Degree (or its equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Engineering or a relative field
There are many reasons to come work for us but we’ll just list a few:
Highly competitive pay
100% employer-paid health coverage for you; 80% employer-paid health coverage for your dependents
401(k) plan eligible day 1
One Medical membership
Paid life insurance
8 weeks’ parental leave for primary caregiver
Results-only work environment
Generous vacation policy
WithMe Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
WithMe Health’s commitment to diversity and inclusion honors and respects people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives both within our workforce and for the people we serve. By using a cooperative and compassionate mindset, our goal is to narrow the disparities in healthcare and to improve patient health for all people.