Senior Software Engineer - Data
Technology – Engineering /
WithMe is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Data to join our Data Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have an advanced knowledge of software engineering principles and experience in building API’s utilizing distributed architecture paradigm. You will join a team which is responsible for ingesting, and transforming disparate sources of healthcare data into canonical data models for use in application and data science insights. As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for architecture,design and development of features that power our real time data platform. Our tech stack leverages modern technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, AWS(S3/EC2/RDS/EKS), and Jenkins.
This position is fully remote anywhere in the US or onsite in San Mateo.
- Interact with product and business stakeholders to understand the requirements and ensure the deliverables meet the expectations
- Develop and deploy streaming microservices that enrich the raw data with knowledge and model
- Build fault tolerant and scalable APIs as needed to enable integration with clients and vendors in a secured manner
- Develop and maintain tools and systems to ingest, transform, and distribute numerous application streams as canonical data models and features.
- Write unit, integration and functional tests for new features and services
- Improve the code quality using continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer/Backend Engineer
- Proficiency with Python, and familiarity with micro frameworks like Flask and FastAPI
- Experience with building and maintaining robust backend services (microservices, APIs, distributed data stores)
- Prior experience in building data pipelines that are scalable, reliable and fault tolerant while delivering on data integrity and code quality
- Experience with building systems using distributed architecture and computing technologies
- Experience with creating data models for relational and key-value stores like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, and Kafka/Kinesis
- Experience with kubernetes and docker to facilitate the management, deployment, and resiliency of microservices, APIs
- Cloud Experience preferred: AWS or GCP
- Healthcare experience dealing with complex datasets; Claims, EHR, Labs, Genomics, etc.
- Experience with Healthcare Information exchange standards like HL7, X12 EDI, FHIR, etc.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Startup experience
There are many reasons to come work for us but we’ll just list a few:
Highly competitive pay
100% employer-paid health coverage for you; 80% employer-paid health coverage for your dependents
401(k) plan eligible day 1
One Medical membership
Paid life insurance8 weeks’ parental leave for primary caregiver
Flex spendingResults-only work environment
Generous vacation policy
WithMe Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WithMe Health’s commitment to diversity and inclusion honors and respects people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives both within our workforce and for the people we serve. By using a cooperative and compassionate mindset, our goal is to narrow the disparities in healthcare and to improve patient health for all people.