Pharmacy Technician Guide
San Mateo, CA /
Operations – Member Guidance /
WithMe Health is a modern replacement for pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs) that focuses on people, outcomes and the total cost of care. We believe that getting a prescription at the end of a physician visit is just the beginning of our member’s treatment. That is why we go above and beyond to provide a team of Guides who support our members and their providers with the information needed to choose the optimal treatment. We collaborate with providers to design treatment plans based on each individual member’s health profile, not just the cost of the treatment. And we will never recommend a medication based on our bottom line because our only source of revenue comes from our members’ employers.
This approach ensures that our members and their families stay healthy by accessing the right medication and trustworthy guidance they need, when they need it. To deliver on this promise, we have built an experienced team, clinically sophisticated model and a modern technology platform to significantly improve the $453 billion pharmacy benefits management (PBM) industry.
The Pharmacy Technician Guide is a member of our Guide team which is at the heart of our member experience. This team is comprised of passionate, empathetic individuals of various skill sets who are wired for service and offer high touch support to our members 24/7/365.
In this role, you will help our members understand and resolve issues related to their benefits, remove barriers to accessing treatment and improve their behavior so that they better manage their health. You will also be an extension of our Pharmacist team where you will collaborate with them to contact members about their treatment plan and coordinate their care. You will use our innovative platform to provide trustworthy information and use proven engagement and influence techniques to help our members make behavioral improvements to how they manage their health.
- More specifically, you will use both chat and telephonic modalities to:
- Simplify pharmacy benefits for our members and their providers by helping them understand and utilize their benefits, remove barriers to accessing treatment and offer medication guidance from a licensed clinician when appropriate
- Collaborate with our Pharmacist team to offer guidance to members when needed and to document important information about members’ health in our platform
- Drive awareness and engagement of our benefits, services and mobile App through effective and coordinated outreach to members
- Coordinate with providers and or caregivers to remove barriers and close gaps in care
- Use our engagement model to develop trusted relationships with members and improve behaviors that lead to better health decisions
- Recommend improvements to Guide center operations, training and care plans based on member or provider feedback
- To succeed in this role, you need to be passionate about delivering exceptional care and service to our members. Specifically:
- You are empathetic but understand professional boundaries and appropriate behavior
- You are wired for service and put members first through high touch support
- You are an effective communicator with exceptional oral, written and interpersonal skills
- You are a team player who is collaborative and naturally helps others
- You are eager to learn and go above and beyond your job description when required
- You are proactive and love to solve problems with creative solutions
- You are organized, detailed oriented and never forget to follow up
- You are capable of managing a large volume of phone calls, emails and chats in a timely manner
- You can effectively multitask including the ability to listen, talk and type all at once through multi-channel communications
- You are comfortable with technology and are able to navigate multiple systems to resolve issues or answer questions
- You have strong computer skills including knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (Powerpoint, Excel and Word)
- You are able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends
- 1 or more years in a medication therapy management environment as a patient care coordinator or a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain high quality and trustworthy relationships with customers/patients via phone and electronic communication
- High school degree or GED
- Graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician training program Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board or the National Health Career Association
- Bachelors or Associates (Preferred)
- Proficiency with customer relationship management systems and contact center software (Preferred)
- Bilingual – Spanish (Preferred)
There are many reasons to come work for us but we’ll just list a few:
Highly competitive pay
100% employer-paid health coverage for you; 80% employer-paid health coverage for your dependents
401(k) plan eligible day 1
One Medical membership
Paid life insurance
8 weeks’ parental leave for primary caregiver
Results-only work environment
Generous vacation policy
WithMe Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
WithMe Health’s commitment to diversity and inclusion honors and respects people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives both within our workforce and for the people we serve. By using a cooperative and compassionate mindset, our goal is to narrow the disparities in healthcare and to improve patient health for all people.