Pharmacy Technician Guide
San Mateo, CA
Operations – Member Guidance
WithMe Health provides a medication guidance solution that replaces legacy Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) by using modern technology and rich datasets to consistently apply proven science and create individualized experiences for employees and their families. WithMe Health’s solution is unlike any other medication guidance solution in the market today: it is proactive, adaptive, convenient, and engaging. And WithMe Health’s innovative, outcomes-oriented business model aligns interests across the pharmaceutical value chain, optimizing health outcomes while substantially reducing costs for employers. The company was formed in 2018 to address the growing challenges and unmet needs that employers and employees face with legacy PBMs: misaligned business models, frustrating interactions, unknown outcomes, high costs, and a lack of real transparency. Having recently closed a $20 million round of financing from Oak HC/FT, WithMe Health is poised for significant growth while disrupting the $453 billion PBM industry and is looking to build out its team to help achieve this growth.
Based in San Mateo, CA, our Pharmacy Technician Guides are an extension of our team of Pharmacists, supporting them with administrative tasks before or after a Pharmacist engages with a member. In addition, they will help coordinate care, guide members to the right healthcare resource and complete pre and post call activities on behalf of Pharmacists.
In short, Guides are a member’s first contact and extension of the Pharmacist team who will ensure members have an exceptional experience and are guided through their medication journey.
- Receives and answers inbound members questions that do not require clinical judgement and helps direct members to the appropriate resource to take care of their medication or healthcare needs
- Assists Pharmacist team through proactive outreach to members to document crucial health information used by Pharmacists to create a personalized care plan
- Effectively handle a large volume of inbound and outbound phone calls, emails and chats in a timely manner
- Support Pharmacist team with administrative tasks before and after the Pharmacist engages with a member including thorough documentation of the contact in our internal system
- Coordinate care with providers, non-WMH pharmacists and other individuals who will help the member adjust their care plan when required (i.e. substituting a more appropriate medication)
- Follow up with members as needed to monitor adherence
- Recommend improvements to Guide center operations, training and care plans based on member feedback
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekend hours
- 1-2 years experience in a medication therapy management or similar setting as a patient care coordinator or a similar role
- High school degree or GED
- Graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician training program Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board or the National Health Career Association
- Strong organizational skills with ability to listen, talk and type all at once through multi-channel communications
- Demonstrated ability to assess, recommend and implement solutions to patient and internal issues (i.e. process improvement, care recommendations)
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal skill with a friendly, empathetic and member oriented attitude
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond their job description
- Ability to thrive in a high performing, high-touch service environment
- Proficiency with Pharmacy Management systems, contact center software and all Microsoft Office applications (especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Word); CRM experience a plus
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience in a medication therapy management setting
- In depth knowledge of speciality prescription medications and or disease states
- Healthcare, Pharmacy, health insurance, pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) and or retail pharmacy experience
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
There are many reasons to come work for us but we’ll just list a few:
Highly competitive pay
80% employer-paid health coverage
401(k) plan eligible day 1
Paid life insurance
8 weeks’ parental leave for primary caregiver
Results-only work environment
Generous vacation policy
What does all that mean?
It means we want you to be successful and fulfilled; to be happy and to
grow. We are trying hard to be one of the best places to work and we pride ourselves on doing
more for our people. We have some amazing people here and are excited to talk to you more
about joining us. Are you ready?
WithMe is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.