San Mateo, CA
Technology – Engineering
WithMe Health provides a medication guidance solution that replaces legacy Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) by using modern technology and rich datasets to consistently apply proven science and create individualized experiences for employees and their families. WithMe Health’s solution is unlike any other medication guidance solution in the market today: it is proactive, adaptive, convenient, and engaging. And WithMe Health’s innovative, outcomes-oriented business model aligns interests across the pharmaceutical value chain, optimizing health outcomes while substantially reducing costs for employers.
The company was formed in 2018 to address the growing challenges and unmet needs that employers and employees face with legacy PBMs: misaligned business models, frustrating interactions, unknown outcomes, high costs, and a lack of real transparency. Having recently closed a $20 million round of financing from Oak HC/FT, WithMe Health is poised for significant growth while disrupting the $453 billion PBM industry and is looking to build out its team to help achieve this growth.
WithMe Health is looking for a Data Analyst. As our Data Analyst, you will work closely with our developers, clinical, product, operations and implementation teams leveraging our architecture and middle tier APIs to deliver deeply engaging experiences that ensure quality implementation. In the world of complex healthcare, simplicity and convenience are transformative. Data Analysts will have dual role of working with the clients/implementation teams in rolling out high quality defect free product and work internally with operations and product teams in ensuring that the implementation continues to meet the SLA's and PG's on an ongoing basis.
- Passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology and personalize the medication experience.
- Analyze data files, data layouts and data dictionaries from providers of health care administrative data (eligibility, account/plan, medical claims, pharmacy claims) to understand data structure and operating rules for transforming to common data format
- Conduct in-depth interviews with data providers (client and vendors) to ensure comprehensive understanding of requirements and specifications (product functionality)
- Author data mapping and transformation requirements based on understanding of operating rules; review with developers to ensure understanding by leveraging industry standard transactions like FHIR, NCPDP
- Produce detailed data quality profiles from client data to validate structure, content and overall data quality; present findings to internal stakeholders for signoff and/or escalate critical data issues as necessary
- Serve as subject matter expert in primary data domain relative to client’s data and transformation rules; back up analysts in other data domains as workloads and priorities necessitate
- Execute test cases to validate source data has been accurately mapped, transformed and loaded to common format
- Alert project managers to potential risks and issues of importance
- Assist developers with any questions on mappings and also self test the mappings using APIs
- Ensure the exceptions are reported and tracked
- Collaborate with clients and business (plan administration, clinical, account management) as needed for operational integrity
- Be a self starter, read the gaps and fill them or bring it to leadership attention for resolution
- Address change; work with business in prioritization of change tickets
Qualifications and Experience
- Python, SQL, no-SQL databases, Github, Jira, Jenkins
- Proven work experience in software development
- Deep professional experience of health care (PBM is a plus)
- Previous health care standards experience in EDI, like HIPAA, NCPDP, HL7 and FHIR
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive mapping documents and assisting with testing or writing test cases
- Experience playing the role of operations analyst (performing production support, building alerts, thresholds, notification and tracking them)
- Experience working with clients and vendors in discussing data exchanges, data formats, data scenarios, data mappings, data profiles and data quality
- Experience working with business in discussing data discrepancies and applying resolution
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with health care applications
- Excellent communication skills with clear emphasis on collaboration
- Strong problem solving skills
- Any experience working with health care integrators for data exchange is a plus
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
There are many reasons to come work for us but we’ll just list a few:
Highly competitive pay
100% employer-paid health coverage
401(k) plan eligible day 1
Paid life insurance
8 weeks’ parental leave for primary caregiver
Results-only work environment
Generous vacation policy
What does all that mean? It means we want you to be successful and fulfilled; to be happy and to grow. We are trying hard to be one of the best places to work and we pride ourselves on doing more for our people. We have some amazing people here and are excited to talk to you more about joining us. Are you ready?
WithMe is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.