Pharmacist in Charge and Guide Manager
San Mateo, CA
Operations – Member Guidance
WithMe Health is a tech-enabled personalized medication guidance company that replaces legacy Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) with a solution built on modern technology and rich datasets to consistently apply proven science and create individualized experiences for employees and their families.
WithMe Health’s solution centers on an engaging member experience delivered through a consumer grade mobile app and supported by a team of expert Guides. And WithMe Health’s innovative, outcomes-oriented business model aligns interests across the pharmaceutical value chain, optimizing health outcomes while substantially reducing costs for employers.
The company was formed in 2018 to address the growing challenges and unmet needs that employers and employees face with legacy PBMs: misaligned business models, frustrating interactions, unknown outcomes, high costs, and a lack of real transparency. Having recently closed a $20 million round of financing from Oak HC/FT, WithMe Health is poised for significant growth while disrupting the $453 billion PBM industry and is looking to build out its team to help achieve this growth.
Based in San Mateo, CA, the Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) and Guide Manager will have the unique opportunity to build an innovative pharmacy model from the ground up and lead a team of Guides who deliver exceptional care to our members. Initially, this role will be focused on building our pharmacy operations where you will help design and implement all operations, policies and procedures to ensure our pharmacy is compliant.
In addition, this individual will lead a team of Guides who are licensed Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians (Pharm Techs) who provide personalized medication guidance directly to members. You will leverage your clinical expertise, passion for patient care and leadership to coach and develop the Guide team to deliver exceptional care to members.
This is an entrepreneurial and leadership role that will require you to be comfortable partnering cross functionally to build a new pharmacy concept and lead a team responsible for creating an exceptional member experience. In short, you will fill a key role in shaping the way we deliver modern prescription benefits to members across the U.S.
- Launch WithMe Health’s pharmacy in California by developing all policies, procedures as consistent with federal and state laws
- Conduct, document and maintain biennial Pharmacy audit to ensure WithMe is fully compliant with all regulations
- Train, develop and lead our team of Guides (licensed Pharmacists and Pharm Techs) to ensure they deliver a high quality experience to members, providers and pharmacists
- Be accountable for the productivity and outcomes of the Guide teams including monitoring and adjusting their workflow so that they deliver efficient and effective care
- Partner with operations leaders to resolve all operational and support issues related to pharmacy and member guidance, including after hours support if required
- Recommend and implement improvements to clinical programs and Guide operations by working cross functionally with engineering, product, clinical, 3rd party vendors, legal and finance
- Recommend improvements to personalized care plans to the clinical team that will improve member outcomes
- 5-7 years experience as a licensed Pharmacist and 2-3+ years experience as a PIC
- Pharm. D. with residency certificate or equivalent; licensed and in good standing with the California State Board of Pharmacy
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmacy compliance with federal and state regulations
- Direct patient care experience including comfort with performing health assessments and recommending a care plan
- Team oriented individual with prior experience leading a team of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
- Proficiency in Pharmacy Management Systems, call center software, all Microsoft Office applications (especially PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Word) and past experience in CRM systems
- Passion for creating a new, innovative approach to providing prescription medications
- 3-5 years leading a team of Pharmacists and Pharm Techs in a pharmacy setting or providing direct patient care
- Experience opening and operating a new pharmacy
- Experience in pharmacy benefits, medication therapy management or retail pharmacy
There are many reasons to come work for us but we’ll just list a few:
· Highly competitive pay
· 80% employer-paid health coverage
· 401(k) plan eligible day 1
· Medical memberships
· Paid life insurance
· 16 weeks’ parental leave for primary caregiver
· Flex spending
· Results-only work environment
· Generous vacation policy
What does all that mean? It means we want you to be successful and fulfilled; to be happy and to grow. We are trying hard to be one of the best places to work and we pride ourselves on doing more for our people. We have some amazing people here and are excited to talk to you more about joining us. Are you ready?
WithMe is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.