Senior Full Stack Engineer
Technology – Engineering /
Our vision is to help everyone lead their healthiest lives. And our mission is to create a significantly better medication experience for all our members, putting their health and needs first as they navigate the complexity of medications by offering our clinical expertise to them and their trusted providers to save them money and to improve their health.
We’re unsatisfied with the status quo in pharmacy benefits management and medication guidance. We know that we can provide an easier and more personalized, cost-effective, and equitable experience for members, while helping our clients--those who provide pharmacy benefits--make a more impactful investment in their members’ health.
WithMe Health is a modern pharmacy benefits manager (PBM) with a unique personalized medication guidance solution that sits on a purpose-built technology stack and offers the best PBM member mobile app experience in the market. Our pharmacist and pharmacy technician Medication Guides leverage this technology to bring their expertise and a human touch to proactively help our members.
We founded WithMe in 2018 to address the growing challenges and unmet needs with legacy PBMs: misaligned business models, frustrating interactions, unknown outcomes, high costs, and a lack of real transparency.
We’re growing fast. We’ve raised $48 million from Oak HC/FT, OMERS Ventures, and other leading VCs and strategic partners to take on the $450+ billion PBM industry.
WithMe Health is looking for a senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Application Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have an advanced knowledge of software engineering principles and experience in building API’s utilizing distributed architecture paradigm. You will join a team which is responsible for building robust, intuitive APIs and front end applications using modern application frameworks for building out our external and internal facing products. As a Full Stack Engineer you will be responsible for architecture, design and development of features that allow our pharmacy guides and members to interact with our data and insights. Our tech stack leverages modern technologies like AWS, ElasticSearch, ReactJS, ReactNative, Kafka, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins.
Location:San Francisco / Bay Area, CA (and open to remote work)
* Design, develop and maintain our REST APIs, front-end web applications, and native apps
* Design, build, and iterate on interfaces, with a strong sense of the entire user experience
* Participate actively in high level system design, technology selection and code quality assurance
* Develop and deploy streaming micro-services that enrich the raw data with knowledge and models
* Engage with stakeholders to rapidly iterate on product requirements
* Work with larger engineering teams to integrate your new innovations into existing workflows and tools as they mature
* Work closely with a team of like-minded engineers passionate about writing quality code and building engaging experiences for our pharmacy guides and members
* Improve the code quality using continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
* Keep abreast of latest complementary programming languages, development methodologies, user interface design techniques, and database tools
Qualifications and experience:
* Minimum 5+ years of Full Stack development
* Expert in building delightful, intuitive, scalable APIs in any language/framework (e.g python, node.js)
* Minimum 3+ years of Python development experience with python backend module development, Flask, API, JSON, or similar frameworks
* Experience with ElasticSearch and NoSQL document store
* Experience integrating with internal and third-party services
* Experience on Cloud Technologies especially AWS
* Passionate about code quality (including reviewing other people’s code), readability, and unit testing
* Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skillsExtensive knowledge of databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
* Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science or related field
There are many reasons to come work with us, but we’ll just list a few:
* Energetic and mission-oriented team
* Experienced leadership
* Results-only work environment
* Highly competitive pay
* 100% employer-paid health coverage for you; 75% employer-paid health coverage for your dependents
* 401(k) plan eligible day 1
* 4 weeks’ PTO each year
* 8 weeks’ parental leave each year for primary caregiver
* One Medical membership
* Paid life insurance
* Flex spending accounts
WithMe Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
WithMe Health’s commitment to diversity and inclusion honors and respects people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives both within our workforce and for the people we serve. By using a cooperative and compassionate mindset, our goal is to narrow the disparities in healthcare and to improve patient health for all people.