Operations Program Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Otter is on a mission to create a world of care and opportunity by connecting parents who need childcare with stay-at-home parents who can care for their kids. Our goal is for every child to have access to safe, high-quality childcare and for every stay-at-home parent to be economically empowered in a way never before possible. Over the next ten years, Otter will facilitate millions of hours of childcare and unlock billions of new economic opportunities for stay-at-home parents.
Otter is growing quickly!
Otter’s growth has surpassed our most optimistic expectations: Otter is live in two cities, growing quickly, and we have more demand than we can keep up with. We’re building a category-defining, technology driven solution that works for today’s families in the $75B childcare category. Otter has attracted more than $27M from leading venture investors and angels, including Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Abstract Ventures, Thrive Capital, and a diverse set of world-class operators including Kevin & Julia Hartz, Michael Ovitz, Dylan Field, Scott Belsky, Maran Nelson, Hunter Horsley, Backend Capital, Varsha Rao, Jana Messerschmidt, Claire Hughes Johnson, Jessica Verrilli, Sarah Nahm, Stephen Chau, Marc Hedlund, and Shreya and Anand Iyer.
To support our hyper-growth and our team, we need to build and scale our Finance, Legal and People tooling and processes with the business. As our Operations Program Manager reporting to our COO, you will be responsible for the entire suite of programs and processes across all of G&A. You will collaborate with our payroll and benefits vendor to ensure that our team’s HR experience is seamless from start to finish and self-service as much as possible; work with our external finance partner to manage processes for accounting, accounts payable, and tax; manage our corporate insurance program and implementation of legal billing software; build out our Intranet; and do whatever else it takes to ensure that our processes and programs are keeping up with our growth. You will almost certainly not be a subject matter expert in this full range of areas. Instead, you are an expert at getting smart on things quickly then building processes that scale and empower those with subject matter expertise.
What you'll do
- Establish, optimize, and scale processes and tools on the G&A side of the business, integrating systems and automating where necessary
- Develop the knowledge and expertise in the systems you are implementing, including third-party systems and integrations, then share and update that knowledge via documentation for the team so that we can learn from each other
- Determine whether there are gaps in existing systems and, if there are, evaluate, onboard, and implement new solutions
- Strengthen our relationships with solution providers
- Take care of everyone on the team by enabling them to get the administrative information they need in a self-service way
What you're great at
- Thinking in systems, understanding how everything works together, and building processes that scale
- Attending to even the smallest details so that no pieces are missed when executing projects and programs
- Documenting what you did and why you did it, as well as any key things to know about specific tools and solutions (think training or tips), so that others can get up to speed and we can iterate quickly, together
- Effectively introducing solutions and managing change across the organization, building on the strong relationships you’ve built
- Thinking ahead and identifying issues and risks related to program initiatives then preempting them, or working with cross-functional teams to resolve them
Please apply even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria above. Nobody checks every box every time and we'd love to talk to you about how and why you can see yourself growing into this role. We're also very open to candidates with non-traditional experience, especially those who have taken time out of the traditional workforce to care for their children or other loved ones.
Otter embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.