Chicago, IL /
The ideal candidate for the Trader role will demonstrate aptitude and willingness to develop current skills while learning new ones. Self-motivation and willingness to always be improving is a must. We are looking for a candidate that is confident in their problem-solving and communication skills while working in a competitive and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Compete in a fast paced market-making environment
- Contribute timely feedback and improve market strategy over time
- Communicate regularly and problem solve matters as they arise
- React calmly and confidently in an electronic trading and open outcry environment while under pressure
- Rotate through trading desks and trading strategies rapidly absorbing new concepts, as needed
- Maintain integrity at all times abiding by all policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Quantitative background in math, statistics, engineering, or economics preferred
- Demonstrated interest in trading
- Excellent math aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in a team setting but can still think and work independently
- Familiarity with Python and/or SQL preferred
- Self-motivated, self-starter, adaptable
- Has demonstrated the ability to use good judgment
- Capable of maintaining focus with a strong drive for success
- Ability to work on a competitive team and adapt to changing situations with ease
- No prior industry experience is required but is a plus.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
It's not about the clothes... it's about the person in them. At Wolverine, we've created a strong, collaborative environment with exceptional growth opportunities. Whether your interest is trading, technology, or operations, motivated and innovative individuals can find many pathways to success.
Our flat organizational structure promotes teamwork across the Firm and offers easy access to senior staff (don't worry, they won't be wearing a suit either). While we work exceptionally well as a team in the office, our bonds are further strengthened through company events, activities and giving back. Volleyball, soccer, hockey, 5K runs, picnic, parties, and trivia nights provide friendly competition and build better relationships. By getting out of our usual environment and doing out-of-the-ordinary things together, we foster creativity and broaden our imaginations to accomplish new challenges.
· Highly competitive salary bonus
· Generous paid time off and flexible scheduling
· 100% coverage of medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits for single coverage
· Generous Paid Parental Leave
· Retirement Plans: 401K and Roth 401K
· Profit sharing plan
· Long- and short-term disability
Perks of being at Wolverine:
· Casual dress
· Free breakfast and lunch from our in-house kitchen with rotating menus (including snacks!)
· On-site gym with a subsidized membership
· Frequent company outings
· Opportunity to give back to organizations that help individuals in need, improve public health and provide others with educational opportunities and resources.
· In-house education team – educational classes and resources are offered by our education team for continuous learning opportunities
· Mentorship Program
What to expect for our interview process:
· Resume Review
· Phone Screen
· Team Interview Series
Founded in 1994, the Wolverine companies comprise a number of diversified financial institutions specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues. The Wolverine companies are headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.