Senior C++ Software Engineer
Chicago, IL /
Wolverine is seeking passionate C++ programmers who are not satisfied with solutions that are good enough and who have a drive to push the envelope of what is technically possible. Our ideal candidate excels at both collaborating with technical and business subject matter experts to identify and implement new trading strategies, while also debugging and fixing mission critical problems. This is a hands-on position spanning the entire development stack of our bleeding edge ultra-low latency trading systems from idea generation all the way to support. If you are excited about finance, have a passion for technology, and a drive to learn, then we want to talk to you!
What You’ll Do:
- Perform full life cycle development and deployment of C++ applications and libraries for exchange gateways, trading strategy execution, risk management and trade reporting
- Develop systems to maintain, analyze and improve performance, and to insure the integrity and reliability of existing applications
- Investigate and fix problems with production systems in real-time, using modern profiling techniques to triage issues as they arise
- Construct experiments and analyze data to identify ways to improve technical performance and new trading opportunities, ensuring that results are valid and reproducible
- Work with our quant team to construct experiments and analyze data to identify ways to improve technical performance and new trading opportunities, ensuring that results are valid and reproducible
- Communicate technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical audiences
What We're Looking For:
- Ability to write clean, high performance, low-latency C/C++ using up to date software engineering practices, with a solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Domain expertise including knowledge of modern usage of STL and Boost libraries, multi-threaded programming and optimization techniques
- Desire to actively participate in the code review process as a reviewer and reviewee, as well as a willingness to collaborate and learn from other team members
- Dedication to testing and measuring actionable changes to a pre-existing and constantly evolving process
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with peers of varying technical backgrounds
- Ability to own tasks, driving an idea from it's theoretical inception to it's application in a real-time system
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent
It's not about the clothes... it's about the person in them. At Wolverine, we've created a strong, collaborative environment with exceptional growth opportunities. Whether your interest is trading, technology, or operations, motivated and innovative individuals can find many pathways to success.
Our flat organizational structure promotes teamwork across the Firm and offers easy access to senior staff (don't worry, they won't be wearing a suit either). While we work exceptionally well as a team in the office, our bonds are further strengthened through company events, activities and giving back. Volleyball, soccer, hockey, 5K runs, picnic, parties, and trivia nights provide friendly competition and build better relationships. By getting out of our usual environment and doing out-of-the-ordinary things together, we foster creativity and broaden our imaginations to accomplish new challenges.
· Highly competitive salary bonus
· Generous paid time off and flexible scheduling
· 100% coverage of medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits for single coverage
· Generous Paid Parental Leave
· Retirement Plans: 401K and Roth 401K
· Profit sharing plan
· Long- and short-term disability
Perks of being at Wolverine:
· Casual dress
· Free breakfast and lunch from our in-house kitchen with rotating menus (including snacks!)
· On-site gym with a subsidized membership
· Frequent company outings
· Opportunity to give back to organizations that help individuals in need, improve public health and provide others with educational opportunities and resources.
· In-house education team – educational classes and resources are offered by our education team for continuous learning opportunities
· Mentorship Program
What to expect for our interview process:
· Resume Review
· Phone Screen
· Team Interview Series
Founded in 1994, the Wolverine companies comprise a number of diversified financial institutions specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues. The Wolverine companies are headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.