Software Engineering Manager
Proofpoint Security Awareness Training, formally Wombat Security is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Software Engineering Manager to join our growing team at our Pittsburgh, PA office located in the Strip District.
In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical authority
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by
- Propose and oversee timelines for engineering projects
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes
- Work collaboratively with the development team to set priorities and iteratively deliver through an agile methodology.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related fields
- Master’s degree in engineering management or business administration preferred
- 6+ years of development experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a development team
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
The company offers a competitive base salary and a full benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) plan, life insurance, disability insurance and subsidized parking. Our office is located in the Strip District of Pittsburgh.