In-Home Child Care Director - New York City Area
New York, NY /
Wonderschool Partners /
Wonderschool’s mission is to ensure every child has access to early education that helps them realize their potential. We’re bringing high-quality childcare and preschool to millions of children who don’t have access today, and creating opportunities for teachers to do what they love while doubling their income.
We partner with teachers to open neighborhood schools in their own homes. We support teachers through licensing, marketing, and business administration so they can focus on what they do best - delivering great care and quality education to students.
Our tech is focused on creating an efficient marketplace for families and preschools through web and mobile tools. Teachers can promote their programs, handle paperwork and payments, and communicate with parents and fellow teachers. Parents can explore programs, schedule tours, and submit payments that are fast and secure.
We currently have a presence in Denver, New York City, the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles, and we are focused on partnering with additional educators and caregivers to offer programs in their communities.
Wonderschool is based in San Francisco and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Omidyar Network, Gary Community Investments, First Round Capital and several other top-tier investors.
Fast Company named Wonderschool one of the world's 10 most innovative companies in education. Read more about Wonderschool in TechCrunch, Business Insider, Forbes, Black Enterprise, and NY1.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own and operate a family childcare or preschool out of your home as a Wonderschool partner
- Have a career of impact, meaning and growth as you build your own school community
- Choose the number of students you’d like to accept and set your own schedule
- Determine the design and curriculum of your school (we can help with this if you’re not sure!)
- Earn a salary higher than the average preschool teacher
- Have passion and enthusiasm for early childhood education
- Love working with, teaching and caring for young children
- Have knowledge about and interest in child development and early childhood education
- Energetic, responsible, and professional
- Adaptable, flexible and patient
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to running a successful small business and high-impact learning community
- Committed to lifelong learning and continuous professional development
- Able to operate a safe, clean, professional environment for children
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- A technology platform where you can track enrollments, collect payments and more!
- Regular mentorship from a team of coaches with extensive expertise and experience in ECE and family childcare
- Membership in a network of peers, with access to members-only discussion groups and community events
- Regular professional development opportunities and training events, and an annual PD stipend
- A community of passionate educators who are committed to student learning and to improving the field of early childhood education
- Access to 24/7 help and support for any questions that come up
- Live in a home with a yard or close access to a park (within 4 blocks)
- A clean, tidy and safe home environment
- All people over 14 years old living in your home can pass a background check
- Have experience teaching in a preschool or are open to training from a Wonderschool teacher
- Negative TB Test and Fingerprint Clearance
- Infant/Pediatric CPR/First Aid training
- Comfortable opening your own home as a place for childcare and education
- Fluent in English
Please note - this position is not based in our Wonderschool office, but would be to partner with Wonderschool as a program Director managing your own in-home family childcare.