Mid Market Account Executive
United States /
Demand – Sales /
Wonolo, which stands for Work Now Locally, is disrupting the $70bn temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo is a remote-first company with three regional hubs: San Francisco Bay Area, Nashville, and Toronto. We have built a tech-enabled marketplace that connects businesses in need of front-line workers on a temporary or seasonal basis, with 500,000 underemployed workers in local markets all across the country. Our mission is to empower the in-demand workforce by providing flexible and fulfilling job opportunities for everyone.
Our Mid-Market Account Executive role is a unique opportunity to build something from an early stage as an industry disruptor. In this role, you will be responsible for acquiring and on-boarding new Mid-Market customers in different markets across the United States. We are looking for someone who is communicative, collaborative, and systems-driven. You must thrive in situations that require you to influence and navigate both internally and externally. We seek those that value personal development, coachability, and a willingness to succeed.
The Sales team at Wonolo is a collaborative group of entrepreneurial minded Account Executives who has a consultative and customer-centric approach and are looking to re-shape the gig economy and the way companies evaluate labor strategies. This is a team that embodies our Tao of Wonolo: we value hard work and celebrate results.
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States.
What you'll do:
- Apply a consultative sales process, identify opportunities, and communicate the value that our products deliver as the solution
- Qualify leads and prospect deals using various sales automation systems
- Actively participate in refining the sales process, managing the sales cycle, and closing deals to achieve targets
- Deliver tailored phone/web presentations/demos with technical content and occasional in-person meetings
- Educate prospects about trends in the industry and offer a unique insight
- Present weekly updates/metrics to management on customer acquisition and market feedback
Who you are:
- You demonstrate a substantial commitment to advancing representation and inclusion
- 3-5+ years of sales experience in a quota-carrying, closing role
- Proven track record of building and maintaining a pipeline of deals and hitting sales quotas
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to influence others over the phone
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work under minimal supervision
Nice to haves:
- Data and systems-driven with prior experience working with Salesforce and other sales automation tools such as Groove
- Tech start-up experience and/or experience working remotely a plus
- Experience working in staffing or selling to retail/light industrial customers, a plus
If you have read up until this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Competitive salary, commission, and meaningful equity
- We cover 100% insurance (medical/dental/vision) premiums for you and 80% for your dependents
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in the U.S. (no more commutes!)
- Generous parental leave plan that includes 12 weeks of 100% paid leave and 4 weeks of transition back to work
- Cell phone reimbursement and laptop
- 401(k) plan as well as life and disability insurance
- Team outings, virtual happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided online marketplace that serves over 500,000 front-line workers, providing them access to flexible job opportunities across the nation within minutes, at companies like Coca-Cola, Driveline, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 130+ employees in North America and quickly scaling our team in the United States and Canada. We are backed by leading investors including Sequoia, Bain Capital, PivotNorth, and Base10.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2020 (Medium to Large)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging:
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as this empowers our team to come together to make the best decisions and biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal opportunity employer. We make the best effort to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies At Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement:
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but no limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.