Customer Onsite Specialist
Kansas City, Missouri /
Marketplace – Enterprise Sales and Account Management /
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
As a Customer Onsite Specialist, you will visit different job sites maintained by Wonolo’s customers (commonly a warehouse or production facility) to ensure customers and local workers (Wonoloers) have easy access to our support channels. You’ll be working with both Wonoloers and customers, serving as a product expert of the Wonolo app, a problem-solver, and a human connection. As needed, you will serve as a local recruiting operations agent, helping to acquire, onboard or assess workers for W2 jobs on the platform. Reporting to our Senior Manager of Customer Operations, you’ll help Wonoloers and customers navigate routine tasks as well as new challenges. You will be immersed in a fast-paced environment that is constantly in flux. Most importantly, you will have a direct impact on supporting local workers by helping to shape the future of work.
This is a full-time, hourly role (40 hours per week). We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer a flexible schedule based on your needs, however, early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends may be needed.
We welcome qualified candidates located in the Kansas City, Missouri area. #LI-DNI
What you'll do:
- Travel to different Wonolo customer locations (commonly a warehouse or production facility) and coordinate with customers on issues relating to the check-in / check-out process, time-theft prevention procedures, and other issues relating to Wonoloers' completion of jobs
- Build trusting relationships with customers and advise on potential improvements to their standard operating procedures
- Triage issues between customers and Wonoloers using white-glove support skills
- Escalate feedback to improve the customer and Wonoloer experience. Serve as an expert on the ins and outs of our software and terms as applicable to Wonoloers and customers
- Help to acquire, onboard or assess workers for W2 jobs as needed, including reviewing I-9 and worker identification documentation
- Connect with Wonoloers and act as an additional resource for questions and support needs they may have
- Verify Wonoloers' completion of customer-supplied conditional offer specifications
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience in an applicable role such as staffing, human resources, or customer service
- This role will require travel to and from customer facilities, and will therefore require a reliable form of transportation
- Comfortable working in an industrial environment and communicating with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills (in-person, written, and verbal)
- Reliable, responsive and able to work under minimal supervision - you’ll be remote & collaborating with other Wonolo team members virtually
- A positive self-starter and eager to learn - you’re willing to own results, try new things, are open to feedback and not afraid to ask questions
- Comfortable with tech platforms - e.g. Google for Business tools (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, and Sheets) and Slack
- You demonstrate a substantial commitment to advancing representation and inclusion
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the industrial/warehousing environment is a plus
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Competitive wage based on experience and opportunity for career advancement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Company laptop
- Potential equity and eligible for a company bonus
- We pay 100% of the medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for you and 80% for your dependents
- 401(k) plan and parental leave plan
- Life and disability insurance
The expected pay range for this position is $20/hour - $24/hour, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Wonolo’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 (Medium to Large)
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the State of Colorado, New York City, Ithaca, New York, Westchester County, New York, or Jersey City, New Jersey. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely within these locations.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.