Director of Marketplace Operations
Ideal Start Date: October 2021
Let’s Work Bravely
Bravely is on a mission to make life at work better for everyone. We are democratizing access to professional coaching. Companies worldwide look to us to provide their employees across all levels access to on-demand confidential coaching for the moments that matter most at work. Through Bravely, employees have a trusted and skilled coach to support their well-being, career development, and performance and ultimately help them thrive in their workplaces.
We work with companies like Zillow, Pinterest, and Autodesk, who are deeply committed to equity and inclusion by ensuring that all of their employees have access to our highly-vetted, diverse, and brilliant professional coaches. When organizations offer Bravely, they scale the support provided by their People teams, managers and transform their workplaces. Our data-driven insights and passionate team are driving change for employees and in workplaces around the world.
About the role
Bravely is looking for an experienced Director of Marketplace Operations to join our team. The Operations team at Bravely is responsible for ensuring that our Pro network, our employees and our clients have an exceptional experience working Bravely. You will have the opportunity to both set the strategy for and execute their vision to help us scale our Operations as Bravely continues to grow rapidly. The Director of Marketplace Operations will work cross functionally across Sales, Product, Client Success and Marketing to ensure that we are proactively meeting growth needs, while creating a world-class coach hiring, onboarding and community experience; delivering exceptional customer service; bringing new products to life;; and scaling our Client Operations. You will thrive if you are a curious, action-oriented, flexible and collaborative leader who wants to develop world-class experiences to make life at work better for everyone.
What you'll do
- Set the strategic goals priorities for the Operations team at Bravely, giving clarity and vision to the Operations team while supporting cross functional goals related to growth
- Support and develop operations team members, providing management, guidance, feedback and coaching
- Develop and revise processes and policies across the Pro, employee and client experiences that will enable us to scale
- Drive improvements to our operations through technical or tech-lite solutions to improve the way we operate tomorrow — in addition to empowering people (and yourself!) to solve the problems today
- Analyze our business, helping to uncover drives and hidden cost centers, so we can identify ways to maximize value and increase efficiency
- Create knowledge hub for all Operations procedures to ensure consistency and scalability in all that we do
You should have
- 10-15 years of experience, with 3+ years working in marketplace operations
- Previously set the vision and strategy for a function, including resource planning and hiring
- A passion for leading teams and people, with an emphasis on inclusive leadership
- Strong modeling and analytical skills with an endless curiosity that enables us to uncover meaningful insights to drive our business
Bravely is committed to building a diverse, equity-minded, and inclusive culture where all of our team members feel a deep sense of belonging. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
- Competitive salary + compensation package with equity
- Competitive insurance plans with full coverage for medical, dental, and vision that greatly eliminate your out of pocket expenses
- Unlimited vacation time to enjoy all aspects of your life
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks for the primary caregiver and six weeks for secondary
- Unlimited and 100% confidential access to world-class Bravely coaches to support you in your professional journey
- Virtual team-building time to stay connected with your team members around the world
- Cultural celebrations to uplift the unique experiences and identities within our community
- Home Office Allowance
- Working with an amazing, diverse, energetic, and supportive group of people
Work from where it WORKS for you. We are a fully distributed remote team with an office in New York. Our team is now 100% fully distributed and remote. We will eventually offer the option to be a hybrid in New York. We will not require employees located in NY to come into the office. We support flexible work policies for greater work-life balance.
Working at Bravely
As a team, we practice what we preach: we live our values, communicate openly and honestly, and actively work to
cultivate an inclusive and supportive people-first environment where everyone can grow, thrive, and make meaning from their work. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity fervently, with a strong commitment to building a team representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Bravely is an equal employment opportunity employer. Bravely considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other protected class. We are committed to a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
As an equal employment opportunity employer will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please contact email@example.com.