Ideal Start Date: Immediately
Let’s Work Bravely
Bravely is on a mission to make life at work better for everyone. We are democratizing access to professional coaching. Companies worldwide look to us to provide their employees across all levels access to on-demand confidential coaching for the moments that matter most at work. Through Bravely, employees have a trusted and skilled coach to support their well-being, career development, and performance and ultimately help them thrive in their workplaces.
We work with companies like Zillow, Pinterest, and Autodesk, who are deeply committed to equity and inclusion by ensuring that all of their employees have access to our highly-vetted, diverse, and brilliant professional coaches. When organizations offer Bravely, they scale the support provided by their People teams, managers and transform their workplaces. Our data-driven insights and passionate team are driving change for employees and in workplaces around the world.
About the role
The Data Analyst at Bravely will work as a member of our product team to continuously build our data-driven insight and rigor across the company. We are driven by positively impacting the experience of employees in our client organizations, and in our data you’ll strive to find and tell those stories of impact throughout the business. You’ll collaborate with team members in every function to create clear, insightful, and actionable data views that drive strategic decisions. You’ll also work closely with our People Scientist and other product team members to conduct original research as part of our academic partnerships and product discovery initiatives.
What you'll do
- Continuously question and refine key metrics, benchmarks, and reporting strategies that align with Bravely’s impact and business goals - using data to figure out ‘why’
- Build internal data views including visualizations and dashboards using our BI tool
- Identify gaps in our data and monitor and support our data integrity
- Be the data whisperer in the team - collaborate internally on original research questions and data storytelling projects emerging from your findings, including marketing, sales and financials, and supporting industry thought leadership
- Monitor, advocate for, and design for ethical use of data in all its applications across the business, including what may be missing from investigations or conclusions when analyzing our data
- Foster data-driven culture across the team, proactively bringing data into cross-functional conversations and translating technical topics for non-technical audiences
- Collaborate closely with product and people science team members to conduct original research underpinning product strategy
You should have
- You’re a data storyteller - you can dig into a raw body of data and identify trends, and the narratives they suggest are present
- You fluidly translate business questions and problems from stakeholders into data investigations, and find answers
- You have knowledge of various statistical analysis approaches and tools, and you’re good at picking the right approach and tools to find meaning in raw data, e.g. identify trends in bodies of free text data
- You’re strong in analysis, you’re organized, and you’re a clear oral and written communicator
- You can work fluidly in SQL to manipulate imperfect data in pursuit of trends and answers
- You’re comfortable creating data visualizations and views for the broader team using dashboarding tools such as Chartio, Looker, or Tableau
- Appreciated but not required: you have experience with scripting languages such as Python and R
- Appreciated but not required: you have experience with squishy, human, behavioral data (e.g. any background in people science or social science data sets)
Bravely is committed to building a diverse, equity-minded, and inclusive culture where all of our team members feel a deep sense of belonging. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
- Competitive salary + compensation package with equity
- Competitive insurance plans with full coverage for medical, dental, and vision that greatly eliminate your out of pocket expenses
- Unlimited vacation time to enjoy all aspects of your life
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks for the primary caregiver and six weeks for secondary
- Unlimited and 100% confidential access to world-class Bravely coaches to support you in your professional journey
- Virtual team-building time to stay connected with your team members around the world
- Cultural celebrations to uplift the unique experiences and identities within our community
- Home Office Allowance
- Working with an amazing, diverse, energetic, and supportive group of people
Work from where it WORKS for you. We are a fully distributed remote team with an office in New York. Our team is now 100% fully distributed and remote. We will eventually offer the option to be a hybrid in New York. We will not require employees located in NY to come into the office. We support flexible work policies for greater work-life balance.
Working at Bravely
As a team, we practice what we preach: we live our values, communicate openly and honestly, and actively work to
cultivate an inclusive and supportive people-first environment where everyone can grow, thrive, and make meaning from their work. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity fervently, with a strong commitment to building a team representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Bravely is an equal employment opportunity employer. Bravely considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other protected class. We are committed to a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
As an equal employment opportunity employer will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.