Engineering Manager (Remote)
Bravely connects employees to on-demand professional coaching in the key moments that define the employee experience, making it possible for companies to foster a culture that attracts and retains talent.
By scaling equitable access to confidential guidance and timely skill development, Bravely empowers employees at every level to do their best work and thrive in their roles.
We are hiring full stack engineers to join our growing team! We're a fast-growing, early-stage startup creating elegant experiences leveraging modern technologies and techniques to promote workplace health.
At Bravely, we consider a potential technical solution to every problem. This may mean writing one-off scripts to scrape sales leads, spinning up new sites for timely marketing campaigns, or realizing a manual solution is better than a technical one. Our team focuses on developer happiness and craft without taking ourselves too seriously.
We’re an early stage startup and to us, that means our short-term goal is to find fit, find growth, and leverage technology to stay lean and build solutions quickly. Our long-term goal is to solve intractable problems with a combination of humans and machines and share those solutions with everyone.
• Lead by example: Be a meaningful, hands-on contributor while leading a team of individual contributors.
• Work closely with designers and product managers to implement user interfaces for responsive web apps.
• Responsible for architecture, development and scaling of the systems that power Bravely.
• Grow & mentor a world-class engineering team.
• Help define workflows and processes to ensure consistent code management, deployment and performance.
• Build out core new platform functionality to support our growing client bases
• Maintain and own 4 web apps handling each aspect of the multi-sided platform
• 5+ years experience building web apps
• Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production-quality frontend and backend systems
• Ability to quickly write reliable, clean and testable code
• Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
• Prior knowledge and experience with multi-sided platforms is a plus.
• Experience working in an early stage startup is a plus.
- Ruby or similar languages
- Any Relational Database, Postgres preferred
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Driven – You set goals and thrive on meeting and exceeding expectations. You love to challenge yourself to be better.
- Emotionally Intelligent – You’re aware when something is bothering you and know how to speak up about it in a calm and collected way.
- Generalist – You have interest and knowledge in a broad array of topics.
- Maker – You’ve been working on side projects and fleshing out interesting ideas for a long time. You love running experiments regardless of whether they succeed or fail.